Main Battery heating system Outlander 2019

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

castaldo

It seems that the Dutch and North American version of Outlander 2019 has the main battery heating system but not the German version.

Do you think it is possible to order and install the battery heating unit ?

Do you know how the main battery heating system works? at what temperature does it start warming up the battery and up to what temperature does it keep the main battery?

Do you know how much effect on the electric range it has?

so you found the way to this forum, great ;)

As written in the German forum, it is possible, but you need to buy all parts and code ETACS.

yes thanks Mitch :)

I´m just curious to know how much I would benefit in EV range from installing the main battery heater.

I have googled and there is no info on this

castaldo said:
yes thanks Mitch :)

I´m just curious to know how much I would benefit in EV range from installing the main battery heater.

I have googled and there is no info on this

Hi from Canada!

From my experience and what I've been told, the heater helps the battery get charged whereas other cars couldn't charge very well or at all when the temperatures got way below -30C.

So the gain is to be able to leave home with a full charge instead of an empty battery. The ICE will still fire up at these extreme temperatures though, so no gain there. The ICE does that to heat things up and then shuts down after 5-10 minutes. However there's the "trick" to force start in EV mode, but it's really not recommened on freezing temperatures so I only do it when I have already droven, like a quick stop at the store, right before getting home or for displacing vehicles around in my driveway, or getting near the exit in an underground parking lot.

In the end, if you think the battery heater will prevent the ICE from starting at all in cold weather, that's not what it will do, unless you force it to and risk damaging your car.

Back