Home charging

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pross

Hi everybody I am a newbie to the forum and PHEV owner.
I have charged the car with the original supplied plug charger . When finished the charger blinks and car displays charge complete all good bud when I read the display it states only 25 miles available is this correct or am I doing something wrong the car is a 2014 with 48000 on the clock thank you in advance

Perfectly normal (actually well towards the 'good' end of normal). You can rarely, if ever expect to see the nominal maximum range*, even on a brand new car. And it isn't called a 'guessometer' for nothing, it's an estimate of electric range available based on previous driving patterns.

* Just as you would rarely expect to achieve the manufacturer's stated mpg in real world use

The estimated range display makes an attempt at taking into account your recent pattern of usage - if you have a heavy right foot, it will estimate less. That said, 25 miles is pretty good for winter usage - I was seeing as low as 15 miles during the first winter when the car was brand new - though that was, admittedly, in a genuine winter with temperatures close to zero, not this make-believe winter with people walking round in tee-shirts in mid-February.

As Chris says, the headline figures of 32 miles EV range are very much the best case - brand new car, driven gently in warm weather on flat, empty roads with no heating or aircon. For a four to five year old car, being used normally, a figure in the low twenties is a lot more realistic.

Thank you both for the reply I was expecting it to say 30 when charged .
As you say these are the manufacturers figures my mind is at rest .thank you

I'm only getting 15 miles at the moment after a charge, but I've only been doing short journeys (<5 miles) every day for the last two weeks and having the electric heater timer on each morning so it's using electricity but not going anywhere. When it was warmer and I was doing longer trips it used to show 25 miles most of the time after a charge.

It's so very dependent on your usage as it can only estimate potential range based on previous usage. It's exactly the same as the petrol range display on most cars really. A good guide for the next 30 minutes of driving perhaps, but I wouldn't rely on using it to plan a journey :)

Back