Warning message every time I switch the car on

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMR

I bought a second hand Outlander PHEV a couple of months ago and am extremely happy with it. My only complaint is that every time I turn it on, on the video/navigation screen I get a warning message saying that I should read the documentation, instructions, and should pay attention to the road, etc...

To begin with this was OK, but by now I know the dammed message by heart and it is extremely irritating that I have to touch OK before I can use the display.

Is there any way to disable the message?

Many thanks.

Tim

This is a legal requirement in many countries, and you'll find it on lots of navigation systems on many makes of car. My 14 year old Subaru was the same and my wife's VW is too (worse as it's on for longer and you have to press the 'accept' button). So no, it can't be easily disabled.

I just ignore it whilst I'm putting on my seatbelt and getting ready to set off. By the time I'm ready to enter a route it's only on the screen for a second at most. You can still use the physical controls to change radio station or volume etc whilst the message is there anyway.

Back