Charging issue

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gman

Just bought an new 19 plate. On a visit IKEA thought I would try external charging for the first time. It was an ecotricity charging point but the cable was incompatible.
There was a full electric charge charging with no issues. Any know why?

Was this a cable attached to the chargepoint? I think these are rapids. Maybe the other ev was using the chademo and there was a Ccs available that, as you say, isn’t compatible. You need the chademo lead.

I "accidently" used one of the new on-street electric cab points in London last week, while at the theatre. Only able to use the Chademo cable on the PHEV. Able to pay Contactless and was only charged £1.27. Not bad for an 80% charge and free parking directly opposite the theatre. Of course, ran the risk of a penalty charge as the bay is for cabs only - I discovered later. :lol:

You're very fortunate that one of the two plug-in cabs in London didn't want to use it at the same time, greendwarf :)

Gman said:
Just bought an new 19 plate. On a visit IKEA thought I would try external charging for the first time. It was an ecotricity charging point but the cable was incompatible.
There was a full electric charge charging with no issues. Any know why?
I've used the EH chargers at Ikea without a problem. Just plug their Chademo cable in, and follow the instructions. It was on free vend the last time I went ;)

Back