Metric Graphs in 2018 Outlander PHEV

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rpokane

Hello
I just purchase mine a couple of months ago and while there are a few quirks (like the bluetooth phone speaker), one issue makes me wonder if there is any QA at Mitsubishi.
When you set your vehicle as Metric, the graphs are "upside down". Examples: Energy Monitor/Instant Fuel, History Information/Fuel Consumption, History Information/Elec Consumption. In these cases, the 0 is at the top of the graph rather than the bottom.
History Information/Power is ok!
When I switch to Imperial units, the graphs are ok as the 0 is at the bottom corner of the graph.
Surely someone else is seeing this?
Appreciate all replies.
Rick

From reading this site I think most people have resigned themselves to accept the quirkiness of the PHEV screens. I have wondered many times about the thought process that brought Mitsubishi to think that upside-down graphs were a good idea. I never knew the imperial graphs were opposite, I've always used metric. Reading your post gave me the idea - possibly they were thinking that if consumption in Imperial is distance per volume, then metric fuel consumption, which is measured as volume per distance, should be upside down!

msmatt said:
possibly they were thinking that if consumption in Imperial is distance per volume, then metric fuel consumption, which is measured as volume per distance, should be upside down!
That's almost certainly what is happening. The graphic is being generated independently of the choice of units, with only the vertical scale changing - so for one set of units it will be increasing and for the other decreasing. I believe Japan uses km/l (so the 'same way up' as mpg).

Back