Prospective new owner. Anyone can check car for me??

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dekiello

Hi guys, my first post here. I live in Ireland and I want to buy PHEV hopefully in two weeks time and export it. I am wondering is there anyone here that would be passing next to CarStore Northampton as the car I'm interested is there and maybe that someone would be willing to plug their Obd2 dongle and check battery with Watchdog??
Also is there a way of checking cars service history? I own a JAG and if the car was serviced at main dealer it is possible to check its history with the VIN number online so just wondering is there anything like that for Outlander.

Thank you very much

You should be able to check the service history with Mitsubishi and I would never buy a car that didn't come with an official battery condition statement. I'm sure that there is an accident registration in the UK as well, where you can check the repair history of the car, and the mileage should be verified, quite apart from the general technical and cosmetic condition.
I think that it is asking too much of a perfect stranger on this forum to check a car out. It should be left to an expert, like I suppose the AA can provide.
There is a liability issue for the person checking out your car as well.

Back