Alternative to watchdog? Wifi password recovery??

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dekiello

Hello people. Is there any android app that would allow to read WiFi password via obd2 link? My local dealer wants 80 euro just to plug in the car to a computer but maybe there is an app in the market that can read the password via Obd... Even if it's a paid app still should be cheaper than 80 euro....

Thank you very much

My dealer updated the car's firmware and that also provided a new wifi password.
All free of charge.

dekiello said:
Hello people. Is there any android app that would allow to read WiFi password via obd2 link? My local dealer wants 80 euro just to plug in the car to a computer but maybe there is an app in the market that can read the password via Obd... Even if it's a paid app still should be cheaper than 80 euro....

Thank you very much

Mine did want money too .. more or less like what your dealer want.

The solution was to go to a different dealer, and I got this for free.

"For free" ... actually it was part of service + repair (somebody hit my car some time ago, and I combined the two things for the new dealer), so they got almost 2000 euro revenue from my car ... anyhow, I did pay very low for the service (around 200 euros) and repair work was charged to the insurance

The WiFi password it is not really important to have ... the best thing to have is the keyfob hack, which allow to start the cabin heat or AC before entering in the car by a double click on keyfob

WiFi password can be read or reset only using dealer diagnostic tools, so over OBD2 it is probably impossible

Back