Charge point installation

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidEJM

I thought I would share this with everyone as I thought it might bring a smile.

I've struggled to get a charge point installed, I first contacted pod point as there is a local installer that put me on to them. He gave me the forms he had and I filled them in scanned them and sent them back, details of where the point was to go, how far it was from the consumer unit etc etc, a self survey as such. After a couple of weeks with no response I decided to contact someone else and first spoke to British Gas with little response and i was on the verge of just putting a waterproof 13 amp socket outside the garage. In the end I decided to contact Chargemaster by email one evening and the next day I had a voicemail left for me with another call later in the day to set up the install. Very impressive service.

I couldn't understand why I had no response from pod point so I contacted the contractor I know and he said he would call pod point. Later in the day I had a strange email with the reason, apparently the enquiry was ignored as a hoax! It turns out I have the same name as the CEO of pod points major competitor and they thought it was a fake enquiry.

Of course it turns out pod points major competitor is Chargemaster from whom I had exceptional response and service so far!

:lol:
Now I just need you to pull a few strings to get my chargevision working - still no joy and they ignored my latest email asking for help!
H

Hypermiler said:
:lol:
Now I just need you to pull a few strings to get my chargevision working - still no joy and they ignored my latest email asking for help!
H

That's two of us. B.G. installed mine so perhaps it's not Chargemaster's problem, but a reply would be nice.

I've been all round the houses trying to get an answer, even OLEV. They did reply to my second email to say they only get general anonymised data, and directed me to my supplier - B.G. Grrrr.

I had no end of trouble getting info from BG on dedicated power consumption from the charge unit installed by BG; they didn't think it was even possible. I got bounced around the houses gettting more and more frustrated with them every time. In the end I got great service when I phoned ChargeMaster; within 24 hrs of exchanging emails, serial numbers, etc., online the account was up and running and recording the charge point usage.

The guy I spoke to was Marcus McCulloch, direct line {Edited by Mods - personal contact details removed, suggest contact by PM if you want the number}.

Thanks DSB - yes it was Marcus I've been dealing with (didn't even bother with BG as I knew they wouldn't have a clue). But he said to switch it off and on again at the fuse box. I've done that, logged in but there is still no data. I'll have to call him again.
Cheers
H

My 'basic' 16amp tethered pod point unit was installed this week very quickly and neatly by EV Charging Solutions. I can certainly recommend them.

BG referred my application to PH Jones Ltd, their wholly owned electrical contractor. They have an EV dept and were very good (they did the initial survey as well). Might be worth contacting them directly, they seem to cover most of the UK.

I have had 2 charging points installed by BG,actually E H Jones,both installations done in under 2 hours,by different installers,very good installations.The whole experience was very good,apart from annoying follow up calls from sales people to rate our experience.
One was done on our main home,and one on a rental property we own,why not it is free( at present)
The electrician said he was doing 4 a day,and working a 7 day week until September,when the cost changes. He also commented there were numerous surveys where installation was not a practical proposition.
Both installers commented the Outlander was the driving force,and very popular.

All I need now is my PHEV due mid September,not a long wait really,I waited over a year for an XC90 and,then hated it when it came,only kept it a short while,I think I will like the Outlander.

Back