outlander PHEV 2014 free congestion charge and ULEZ ?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vnam

Hello,

Does anyone know if outlander PHEV 2014 is still free congestion charge and ULEZ in london ?

thank you

greendwarf said:
Yes, but you need to pay an annual £10 registration fee first - see TFL web-site.

Thank you for helping, im looking to buy PHEV outlander and only one thing im not quite sure is that tfl website says it has to be euro 6 but PHEV 2014 is 5b. Does it still comply with all requirements and i can apply for free congestion and ulez?

Unfortunately this page needs a reg. no. to check but you can use mine if you like - LX64KRV

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/check-your-vehicle-35896?intcmp=35896

And this page gives all the details for Congestion Charge - NB. the PHEV does the minimum 20mile non-emissions condition.

greendwarf said:
Unfortunately this page needs a reg. no. to check but you can use mine if you like - LX64KRV

And this page gives all the details for Congestion Charge - NB. the PHEV does the minimum 20mile non-emissions condition.

Thank you very much!!

vnam said:
greendwarf said:

Thank you very much!!

Now im even more confused. This reply i received from mitsubishi official customer support. Does anyone had any experience submitting application for congestion exemption?

Good afternoon

Thank you for your email.

I am afraid it is the case that as your vehicle is a 2014 model year Outlander PHEV, it is no longer exempt from the London Congestion Charge. This is due to TFL’s change in policy which states that to qualify from exemption, vehicles must:

1.)      Be Euro 6 compliant
2.)      Not exceed 75g/km CO2
3.)      Be capable of reaching over 20 miles of 0 emissions electric range

While it is the case that the latter two of the aforementioned qualifications are met by your vehicle, it is the case that all pre 2015 model year PHEVs are Euro 5 compliant, not Euro 6 compliant.

I do apologise for any disappointment that this might cause you.

I've just checked on the TFL website and my September 14 registered PHEV comes up as OK for ULEZ and Congestion charge exemption.

vnam said:
vnam said:
greendwarf said:

Thank you very much!!

Now im even more confused. This reply i received from mitsubishi official customer support. Does anyone had any experience submitting application for congestion exemption?

Good afternoon

Thank you for your email.

I am afraid it is the case that as your vehicle is a 2014 model year Outlander PHEV, it is no longer exempt from the London Congestion Charge. This is due to TFL’s change in policy which states that to qualify from exemption, vehicles must:

1.)      Be Euro 6 compliant
2.)      Not exceed 75g/km CO2
3.)      Be capable of reaching over 20 miles of 0 emissions electric range

While it is the case that the latter two of the aforementioned qualifications are met by your vehicle, it is the case that all pre 2015 model year PHEVs are Euro 5 compliant, not Euro 6 compliant.

I do apologise for any disappointment that this might cause you.

As usual Mitsu UK don't have a clue. My 2014 PHEV is registered with DVLA as Electric and so still qualifies for full Congestion Charge discount. :roll:

greendwarf said:

That's what I found online, looks like it has changed on 8th April 2019 and all 2014 and 2015 with face-lift models are not exempt from free congestion charge any more. Has anyone applied for this discount with older models and got it approved???

Online article : https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.fleetnews.co.uk/amp/news/fleet-industry-news/2018/12/20/plug-in-hybrids-will-face-london-congestion-charge-from-2021

Currently, cars which emit more than 75g/km of CO2 are exempt from the congestion charge. From April 8, 2019, to October 24, 2021, new, tighter standards will be in place for vehicles to qualify for the new Cleaner Vehicle Discount.

Vehicles must:

Meet the Euro 6 emission standard
Emit no more than 75g/km
Have a minimum 20-mile zero emission capable range.

As far as I am aware the Euro 6 norm is for Diesel engined cars.
For petrol engined cars it is identical to the Euro 5 norm.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/consumer-news/90816/euro-6-emissions-standards-what-do-they-mean-for-you

I've just check my 2015-registered PHEV again, and it says it is still exempt:

**64***
Grey MITSUBISHI OUTLANDER GX 4HS PHEV AUTO

No ULEZ charge due for this vehicle
This vehicle meets the emission standards for ULEZ so you don't have to pay this charge when driving within the zone.

No LEZ charge due for this vehicle
The LEZ is different from the ULEZ - it doesn't apply to cars and motorbikes. This vehicle either meets the required emission standards, is exempt from or not affected by the scheme, or is subject to a 100% discount.

greendwarf said:
As usual Mitsu UK don't have a clue. My 2014 PHEV is registered with DVLA as Electric and so still qualifies for full Congestion Charge discount. :roll:

Hmm, my March 2015 pre-facelift is registered as taxation class of 'Alternative Fuel Vehicle' with a type of fuel of 'Hybrid Elec'. So it's exempt from LEZ and ULEZ but probably not Congestion Charge.

Doesn't matter to me though as I live in North Yorkshire and have no plans of ever driving anywhere near London ;)

I have a June 2014 vehicle and it still comes up as congestion charge free- it goes in twice a day with no issues.

ThudnBlundr said:
richr said:
Doesn't matter to me though as I live in North Yorkshire and have no plans of ever driving anywhere near London ;)
Look where I live ;) Wait till you get a kid at uni in London who needs all their stuff taking down or bringing home... :roll:

As a Londoner paying Council Tax here, I think its absolutely correct that our country cousins pay their way on the occasional visit. :lol:

Seriously, given the £10 cost of registering, parking fees and petrol getting here it is really only an issue for those in the South East.

Back