reset wifi but de register 2nd device

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bearhunter

SO I am stuck with this reset wifi issue. I understand the elusive 20 clicks/hazards technique BUT from what I can understand from

https://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/en/products/outlander_phev/app/remote/jizen.html#reset

you still have to delete the registration from the original devices.
In my case I bought the car as a demo model with very low mileage, good deal :D and i'm happy.
Now I picked up a cheap Android tablet to enable using the famous "dog"
PROBLEM... car has two devices registered, mine which is IOS and working and #2 which is , I think dealers phone OR could be sales rep who tried to show me how to register my phone with HIS phone.... any one confused yet ?

NOW if I do wifi reset, do I start with a clean slate or do the devices need to be within range of the car to un-register them manually as per above link

If you want to continue to use the MITSUBISHI Remote Control App after the registration information is deleted from the vehicle, it is necessary to use the "Cancel VIN Registration" in "Settings" of the MITSUBISHI Remote Control App, and you need to register your wireless device to your vehicle again.

OR does this mean I need to "cancel vin registration " on MY device, start anew and forget about 2nd, inaccessible device and register my Android device as #2 ?

IF I can not access other registered device am I screwed ?

I do not want to do anything drastic and possibly lose the remote access that I do have right now on ONE device only.

why is this so convoluted ? and I haven't even started to try and decipher The Dog yet :?

If you do the 20-click procedure you have erased all devices and will have to start from scratch with re-registering device #1 and registering device #2.

According to the procedure; "If you need to only delete a specific registration of wireless device, it is necessary to use the "Cancel VIN Registration" in "Settings" of the MITSUBISHI Remote Control App." My understanding is that you can de-register a single device if you have access to device and the app. Since you don't have it available, you will need to go for the above 20-click erase option.

Thanks, I was thinking along those lines but have often snookered myself with these new fangled electtrickery things
Will try it when i get back to Toronto

Back