EV mode

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brianmccuk

Hi,
Just got my outlander and wondered if someone can help.
When using EV mode i noticed that the petrol mileage left goes down whilst driving in this mode. Surely this shouldn't go down as you are in full electric mode. A bit confusing.
Thanks.

I think the display shows EV mileage left and total (petrol + EV) mileage left.
It's raining so I'm not going out to check :lol:

When you state "just", how long are we talking about? If only a few days, then it is likely the "guessometer" is still trying to work out your usage. As nobody knows how it works it out, I'd wait for a bit longer before worrying.

Brian - you'd better clarify which information you are looking at. As you can see, there are number of places where estimated/guessed range is shown !

Certainly on pre-2019 models (I don't know if anything changed with the new battery and engine), there's no estimate of pure petrol only range shown. THe gauges show estimated pure EV range and estimated combined EV and petrol range.

Simply because the car never works in a pure petrol only mode. Even in Charge or Save it'll turn off the engine and run on battery once the battery is full or at the Save point. In normal usage it'll try to run in EV whenever it can, only firing up the engine if the battery is depleted or more power is demanded than the battery can supply. If the battery is depleted right down to 20% Tortoise Mode, it'll still switch to EV under low loads once the battery level has recovered to around 30% or so.

Back