Considering new v second hand

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuiow

Hi all,
I have 3 cars in my household, a nissan leaf, honda civic and landrover discovery.

I want to change the civic/discovery into an outlander phev, makes sense to me.

I'm looking at brand new vs 2/3 years old vehicles, in the UK.

One thing i particular require is a 360 camera. At what point were they introduced into the outlander? Am i right thinking that early models didn't come with those cameras?

Is there anything in particular i should look at when buying a second hand outlander?
I know with the Nissan leaf, there is a guage (or use of OBD port) you can look at the state of health of the battery, is that true with the outlander?
Thanks!
Stuart

I had all round cameras on my 16MY 4H spec, don't know for sure at what year/spec they were introduced.
One benefit of going with a used one is you can get zero VED, but the 19MY is a much better car. You can get under the new £40K higher rate VED with a 4H spec.
If going used try to get a battery health report - and then try to understand the implications :lol:
Yes there is a port for access into vehicle systems including battery info. I have no experience but there are quite a few who use this.

In the UK, the "base" GX3h never used to have an electric heater, which means that you cannot pre-heat the car. All heating comes from starting the ICE. Every other model from 3h+ (plus) and Juro upwards had it. I'm not sure about the latest models. Because many earlier cars were bought as company cars, more than 50% of secondhand cars seemed to be the 3h when I was looking last year.

Depending on how old you're looking for, any UK PHEV registered on or after 1/1/15 has a 5-year warranty, with 8 years on the EV portion. Prior to this, it was 3 & 5 years respectively

Back