Charger dead

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jshp

After two years my charger supplied with the car has stopped working. My dealer is checking if it is covered by the guarantee. He says a new replacement is several hundred pounds. If it’s not guaranteed, I might try looking inside it. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions. I’ve not done anything yet, as I don’t want to void the guarantee.

This is fairly common and is easily fixed. The mains input cable breaks down internally close to the charger. You can open it up and replace the cable but the charger does have sealant on the cover and needs to removed carefully. It takes a little time but can be done.

The original charger I got also died. I opened it up in case it was just a severed wire but it was badly corroded inside (former owner had left it outside, in a salt water puddle by the looks of it). I purchased a generic charger which has worked well and was much cheaper than getting a new one from Mitsubishi.

Back