Safety Recall 20-05-2019

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 816

I got informed of a safety recall today by the lease company, checking on the gov.uk site it is indeed triggered from today.

But there is no hint at what it may be, it seems to cover ASX, ICE and Hybrid Outlanders so my guess would be airbags or such.

Anyone else had this?

I am still trekking around in my 2015 110,000 mile (from new) PHEV, at least for a few more months.

BobEngineer said:
I got informed of a safety recall today by the lease company, checking on the gov.uk site it is indeed triggered from today.

But there is no hint at what it may be, it seems to cover ASX, ICE and Hybrid Outlanders so my guess would be airbags or such.

Anyone else had this?

I am still trekking around in my 2015 110,000 mile (from new) PHEV, at least for a few more months.
Probably a fpllow-up on this one:

ISSUE: TAKATA AIRBAG INFLATORS
recall logo
REQUESTED ACTION: FIND OUT IF YOUR VEHICLE IS AT RISK.

Important Update

In response to Defect Information Reports that TK Holdings Inc. (Takata) submitted to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (MMNA) is recalling all affected 2004 – 2007 Lancer vehicles; 2006 – 2009 Raider vehicles; and 2012, 2014, 2016, and 2017 i-MiEV vehicles.

The safety of our customers is a top priority at MMNA and a key component of our "customer first" philosophy — we strongly encourage you to have an authorized Mitsubishi Motors dealership complete any outstanding recall on your vehicle as soon as possible. Repair parts are readily available and every effort will be made to minimize your inconvenience, including providing you with a loaner/rental vehicle while the repair is being performed.
Click hereto check if your Mitsubishi vehicle has any open recalls.

Affected Vehicles and Airbag Position(s):

2004 – 2007 Lancer/Lancer Sportback/Lancer Evolution - Passenger side frontal
2006 – 2009 Raider - Driver side frontal and passenger side frontal
2012, 2014, 2016, and 2017 i-MiEV - Passenger side frontal

What is the safety concern?

The affected vehicles are equipped with a specific type of air bag inflator provided by Takata. The air bag inflator could be susceptible to rupture, potentially causing the affected frontal air bag inflator to deploy abnormally in the event of a crash, and cause severe injury or death.

Am I affected by this recall?

MMNA has notified all known owners of affected vehicles by First-Class mail. If you did not receive a notice, you can check for this and any current open Safety Recalls or Service Campaigns on your Mitsubishi vehicle by visiting our website at https://www.mitsubishicars.com/owners/service?q=recallinfo. Or visit http://www.mitsubishicars.com, and then select Owners, Service and then Recall Information. You will need to have the 17-character Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) available.

W

Back