carplay dropping out

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Molnboman

Testing the Carplay out and when using Spotify it appears to cut out mid track fairly often. Is this a common issue? Anything I can do to solve it.

Thanks in advance,
BR
MM

Downloaded content stored on my phone, so was expecting a seamless uninterrupted music. Which is proving a little disappointing.

Anything I should be doing to improve this? I have a good quality lightning cable between my iphone and usb port.

BR
MM

What actually happens? I had a problem when I had sand in the lightening port on the phone, this caused CarPlay to constantly disconnect. This was quite obvious though with the whole screen vanishing each time.
I assume you’ve tried s different cable anyway? It could also be the cable to the socket in the car, or the socket itself, or indeed your phone. Can you try a different iPhone?

Biggest issue is that in carplay mould the signal breaks for a few seconds then starts where it finishes. I did a google search on the subject and tried some of the suggested fixes, however, the issue is still there. I am using a good quality connecter and my iphone has all the latest updates.

I will keep trying.
Cheers
MM

Carplay still dropping out and cutting connection. I unpaired bluetooth connection and followed all other Google search recommendations. Getting a bit ticked off with it. It was cutting out on bluetooth connection too ( when paired ) spoiling a rather enjoyable car honeymoon period.

MM

This seems very weird, as I said I have no issues with mine at all, at least you know it’s possible for it to work well.
Strange that it does it on Bluetooth too, I haven’t even bothered with Bluetooth in this car.

My (now antique, but top end 3 years ago) Nexus 6, continually drops in and out of Bluetooth if I have it switched on. For me, it's not important enough to waste time investigating.

Back