In snow and cold

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snowball

Its my first time in here and after glancing through the different topics I have not found anything that can answer my questions. :p
I planning on buying a PHEV and here in Norway the winter is something we need to have in mind when buying a car.
Our current car, a Citroën DS5 Hybrid is fantastic to drive but it is no longer suitable for us.
Does anyone in here have experience with the PHEV under nordic winter conditions?
The Norwegian models are all equipped with all the latest safety gadgets so I am sure it handles well.
I was thinking more about the capacity of the compartment heating, locks, doors an mirrors freezing shut etc.

For one thing it is absolutely brilliant in deep snow.But I understood from a Finnish owner that there is not much electric driving under minus 15 as the ICE will be running to supplement the electric heating. Of course, but I don't have to tell you, it needs preheating by the timer with the mains plugged in. I left it outside once or twice overnight @ -20 and did not experience any frozen locks etc. And it did start up. As the daytime temperatures ran up quite strongly, I did not drive it under -10 or so.

Back