Multimedia System SD card file limitation

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlescrote

I've put an SD card in my MY16 'Stereo' with folders from A to Z on containing all of my music, for example D will have Def Leppard and then that will have sub folders of Hysteria album etc, but I can only see the contents up to 'E'. Is that a number of files limitation or something and can I restructure the folders to be able to see everything on there? TIA.

There appears to be a limit of around 2000 files I seem to recall. I chose to break up my collection over a couple of smaller cards by genre rather than one big card with everything on it based on what I’d read on here and elsewhere.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, 2000 files is no good, that's going to make things tedious. Do you know if it's any different if you plug in a USB hard drive?

I know it can take a while initially when you plug in a USB drive with a lot of files (fine once it's built the index), but not sure if there is a similar limitation. SD starts up much faster.

I've got a similar folder structure on my SD cards btw, 'I/Iron Maiden/Piece of Mind' etc. Can't remember quite how many files I have got per card, but they're pretty full 16GB SD cards.

Just gone and got the SD card from the car. Current one in the slot is a 16GB card formatted as FAT32 with 2743 files in 265 folders.

So you can certainly go beyond 2000 files, I'm not sure how far beyond though. I don't know if maybe there's a restriction on card size though that might cause it not to see all of it?

Back