Locking while sleeping inside

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wytco0

I am going to be sleep in my car for a few nights at a festival and would like to be able to lock it while I sleep, I tried locking it with the key but it won't lock with the key in the car. I am probably missing something obvious but how do I lock my car while I am in it.

Thanks

There should be a button by the mirror controls. Press forwards for lock, back for unlock.

Brilliant thanks bidbadbloke it was something obvious!! I am not sure how I had managed to miss that. All sorted and I am about to lock up for my first night sleeping in phev.

I've slept in mine on a couple of overnight wilderness outings. I'm only 5'10", but it's still a little short in the back to stretch out straight, so setting my air mattress at a slight angle gives me full stretch room. I don't bother locking up when I'm sleeping out there, as the moose, bears, and cougars have difficulties with the door handles. ;-)

BCbackroader said:
I've slept in mine on a couple of overnight wilderness outings. I'm only 5'10", but it's still a little short in the back to stretch out straight, so setting my air mattress at a slight angle gives me full stretch room. I don't bother locking up when I'm sleeping out there, as the moose, bears, and cougars have difficulties with the door handles. ;-)

There is more than one video on the 'net showing a bear opening doors :)

I've slept in my 2023 Outlander PHEV at 5 music festivals on the east coast of Australia. This car is ALMOST the perfect car for camping & festivals, but it has a number of small issues that cause challenges when camping. There are some tricks that I've gradually learned that make it better though.
  1. It's important to become familiar with the different locking & unlocking options. From this thread you learnt that you can use the driver side door panel to lock/unlock. The other important lock/unlock to know about is the button on the outside of the trunk/boot near the license plate.
  2. The 12V battery in the car is really weak and problematic. The whole car uses that 12V battery whenever it's not turned on ("Ready" mode). So if you want to use the heater or air conditioning or sound system or USB or mains A/C power, make sure to turn the engine on (ie: put foot on brake then push Start button). Otherwise if you use these when you're not in "Ready" mode, they will be using your 12V battery and you can soon have a car that doesn't start anymore! This is a very big problem that you should be aware of! If you only half-start the car to listen to music for example, it only takes around 3 hours before the car will be dead and need someone to jump-start your car!
  3. Because of that crappy 12V battery issue, the car disables ALL internal lights after roughly 15 minutes of the car being off. If you want to leave your trunk/boot open all night and you find that the lights aren't working anymore, open & close a door to restart the timer. It's also true for the music player.
  4. To power a camping fridge, I've bought a separate Lithium battery rated as 250 Wh. It's annoying that I had to buy a separate battery when the car has a giant battery already, but having this spare battery means I can power my camping fridge all night without the annoying noise and lights of the car engine being left on. I charge this spare battery during the daytime when the noise of the car engine is OK for a camp ground / festival.
  5. When the engine is on, the car's lights will be on and quite bright in the front of the car, even if you turn the lights to "OFF". But if you turn your lights to the Indicator panel lights settings instead, then the front lights will atleast be only faintly on. (Hence less of a problem to nearby campers).

Back