Fond farewell

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 816

Well its a fond farewell from me for a while as mine has gone, wonder what it will fetch at clearance auction?

4.7 years and 117,000 miles. 3 punctures, 2 windscreen changes, 1 accident repair.

It still drove fine but the steering was getting a fair bit of play around centre, summer battery range was not much worse than its always been so what condition the battery is in, who knows, it used to get regular rapid charges in the early days but that stopped and then only home charging.

My long term fuel consumption, even over frequent long distance was low 40's mpg.

According to my dedicated energy meter at home, I put 6005 kWh of domestic electricity into it.

It never broke down. Every single thing still worked 100%.

It had the usual PHEV faults, rear motor mount broken, seizing disc brakes and the other odd niggle, recently it started flagging EV service errors if run at high speed for a while, this was diagnosed as mismatching tyres front to rear upsetting the electronics, cleared easily by a restart. Still it always kept going fine and got me home.

I have not owned a windscreen scraper for over 4.5 years.

It kept going through some horrible weather quietly and confidently over many snow covered road miles. no it wouldn't make it across the North Pole but for the UK its off-road ability is entirely sufficient.

It was as familiar as an old pair of trainers, something you just chuck on and head off without thinking about it and I will miss it, its just so easy to own and drive. Maybe in a couple of years I will look at one again.

Its a tribute to Mitsubishi that 5 years and 3 revisions to the PHEV later, Skoda(VW) have only just managed to emulate it with a technically very similar vehicle, late to the party or what!

Thanks to everyone on the forum for the good natured (rare on forums these days!) and enthusiastic support and information. Enjoy your PHEV's and 'see you later'

Bob

Back