More deliveries to Portbury

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrispyduck

Great news. My dealer advised me that my car was on a ship called the 'Hestia Leader' which is currently docked at Portbury, Bristol. Mitsubishi take 14 days to get the cars to the dealers and then the dealers may need time to fit options. I'm expecting mine week commencing 29 September.

Does anyone know the capacity of these ships (in cars).

Hi, I should have a white one on the same ship! I think I read on another post that there are around 1500 on a ship. Bet mine's at the back :roll:

I live just south of Portbury, and have just driven past it over the motorway bridge. I tried to spot your Outlander, but with no success.

Seriously though, if you haven't seen the car parks for incoming and outgoing cars at Portbury you will be surprised at their size. There are thousands, and thousands, of cars, of all makes, parked in neat rows. I am not sure if you can go onsite these days, but many years ago my son had a job there changing the imported 4x4's interiors to leather. It seems at the time the rest of the world saw 4x4s as utility vehicles but the British regarded them as luxury vehicles.

I visited the site then several times and was impressed with the speed in which they unload the ships and park them up in rows in what seemed only inches apart.

You will be relieved to know that most cars arrive (and leave) protected by plastic covers and stick on sheets, oh, and your ships have all the looks and romance of giant floating car parks.

Back