What Have You Done To Your PHEV Today?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david1972

Just a little idea I've pinched from the subaru club I'm in.....the thread just runs and runs with any luck...

To start things off.....

Nothing for me today (as I'm still waiting for the call from my lease company), bit I did see my first PHEV on the road today which made me smile. How can I be so sure you may ask.....it was light blue :D

Drove (my 4-day old PHEV) to a motorway service station to (a) test it on the motorway and (b) reconnoitre the Ecotricity fast charger there :lol: (yes, sad :roll: )

The good news is that the charger bays were empty, the bad news is that I haven't yet got my access card. In order to ensure that the charging bays remain empty, I hereby implore those who haven't yet taken delivery to cancel their orders and avoid electric cars like the plague :lol:

Paul.

Nothing today, it did not move from its spot. Yesterday, however, I went to the market and parked between a blue and a black PHEV. Not uncommon, there are quite a few around.
The charging points were occupied by a couple of Amperas.

I lost the second marker on my petrol reading (always a sad moment) but I had done 580 miles on the tank, so should last a while yet! I'm actually looking forward to filling up so I can get an updated fuelly reading ;)
H

Yesterday I used my first rapid charger (Ecotricity). Interestingly, although I only had 1 EV miles of range left the charger showed the battery charge at 31%. It Also charged at 50 amps dropping to 41 amps when the battery hit 75%. Took about 22 mins to go from 31% to 80% and the EV range then showed 20 miles.
Kind regards
Mark

pleased yesterday to get the max 5 green leaves eco score :mrgreen: after a couple of weeks of 3's and 4's (i live around country roads, 40+mph with hills means the 5 green leaves are elusive!). Washed the car on Sunday so it gleams gloriously today.
Today was the standard 20 mile commute. Now its sat in the office car park charging away for a free ride home :D

A great start to this thread and exactly what it's there for. Long may it continue :D

Today I continue to long for my phone to ring....

Nice thread!
Yesterday I took my daughter to her riding lesson ( :shock: aagh! so bourgeois!) - which normally means Phoebe gets dirty :cry: ! (Nice to have a 4x4 for the muddy lanes, though :lol: ) But it's about 25 miles round trip so nice distance for her!
I had meant to give her a good wash (Phoebe, not my daughter :D ) but didn't have time, so had to content myself with cleaning the alloy wheels; the front ones were covered in brake dust, so I've obviously not been using B5 enough....

I scared my son by turning on the headlights remotely whilst he was playing in front of it outside the house... I also turned off the humming sound and cruised silently out of a car-park like the bloke in the Money Supermarket advert (the one with the Snoop Dogg song).
Unfortunately I also had to go to Kwik-Fit as I found a screw in the tyre (luckily the car has a tyre pressure sensor) - thankfully just a repair rather than a new tyre.. that would have been depressing after just 15 miles as I'd had the car for 24 hours!

webbo73 said:
I scared my son by turning on the headlights remotely whilst he was playing in front of it outside the house... I also turned off the humming sound and cruised silently out of a car-park like the bloke in the Money Supermarket advert (the one with the Snoop Dogg song).
Unfortunately I also had to go to Kwik-Fit as I found a screw in the tyre (luckily the car has a tyre pressure sensor) - thankfully just a repair rather than a new tyre.. that would have been depressing after just 15 miles as I'd had the car for 24 hours!

Did you fit the Tyre Pressure monitor yourself or are they shipping them with it on now?

aitchjaybee said:
david1972 said:
I am enjoying this thread, and going by the numbers of us posting, so are several others - good shout David!

Thank you kindly ;)

It's a great way to facilitate random, humorous chat whilst picking up on general car care tips among other things.

No going off topic worries to think about either, just friendly informative chat....at least that's the principle lol

Well, I've done nothing to ours today, but I'm hoping that some Mitsubishi mechanic has been beavering away, getting it ready for delivery early next week!

chindley said:
webbo73 said:

Did you fit the Tyre Pressure monitor yourself or are they shipping them with it on now?

came with it (GX4HS) - it just came up on the screen saying "low pressure" and a picture of a tyre. Doesn't tell you which one, or the actual pressure, but a quick prod and the sight of the top of the screw sticking out of the tyre was enough info for me...!

bit silly not identifying which tyre! It must know which it was, surely?

Today I drove my PHEV for the first time, filled it with petrol, and brought it home from the dealer. I probably used a thimble-full of petrol when I put my foot down to overtake. Now to start the learning process.

I picked mine up tonight, drove it a mile home and then spent the next 30 minutes sorting my ipod, satnav and bluetooth out. I need to sort out the AP to remotely control it at some point but thats a job for wednesday!

Back