Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

It is currently Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:36 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Charging information (international)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:46 pm 

yes, TheNewMotion is in germany active.
with some roaming partners you are able to load at a large amount of charing points.

additionally, TheNewMotion is Partner of Mitsubishi here in Germany and much dealers are installing charging points

--
10.05.2014 -> Nissan Leaf (Model 2012), black
07.01.2015 -> Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV TOP (GX4hs), black
e-car history: 1 year Twizy, 1 1/2 year ZOE

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:50 am 

A couple of useful links for anyone traveling in France

KiWhi has good coverage across the motorway networks, some car parks and the Auchan supermarkets. Easy to set up an account online and pre-load credit. My card arrived in about 4 days. Link: http://www.kiwhipass.fr/

For anyone in Paris, the AutoLib network is excellent. Their main business is a "users club" for electric city cars but, for a one-off setup fee of Eu15, you can establish a charge-only membership that gives you access to thousands of charging points along the streets and in most of the main car parks. You can either set up your account on line (which does involve scanning and sending identity and car registration documents), otherwise you can call into one of their shops or kiosks across the city. Link: www.autolib.eu/en/

Franco.

05-08 Mitsubishi Shogun Auto
04-05 Mitsibishi Shogun Manual
03-04 Mitsubishi Shogun Manual
96-03 SsangYong Musso Manual
89-96 Subaru Estate. Manual

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:18 am 

jaapv wrote:
welljock wrote:
Ozukus wrote:
Chargeyourcar Card http://www.chargeyourcar.co.uk which costs £20 and needed for non-sourcelondon charge points that I've seen in places like Kent

Your web address is wrong it should be http://www.chargeyourcar.org.uk

The ChargeyourCar card is valid on all TheBlueMotion charge points on the Continent (which in Holland is virtually all)
since last month.

The company is also active in France, Belgium and Germany.

http://www.thenewmotion.com/en/

Very helpful jaapv, thanks - am I right that you can only see a map of their charge points if you are a member?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:37 am 

I’m not sure, but I think anybody can download their app which shows available chargepoints

Instyle+ 2013
Titanium Grey
Off-white leather
Body kit
Protection kit
TPMS
Skidplates

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:58 pm 

you can use the app well as their homepage https://www.lovetoload.com/ for location of the chargingpoints.

--

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:08 am 

Thanks for the info but unfortunately as a Luddite :lol: , I don't have a smartphone/tablet, so can't use apps and the website is blocked by my security software :o

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:30 am 

ah, yes; they moved their domain from www.thenewmotion.com to www.lovetoload.com and they had forgotten, to update their security certificate... but with accepting your security warning on your browser, you should be able to go on to the website...?

--

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:40 pm 

Fbitc wrote:
ah, yes; they moved their domain from http://www.thenewmotion.com to http://www.lovetoload.com and they had forgotten, to update their security certificate... but with accepting your security warning on your browser, you should be able to go on to the website...?

Thanks Frank - as you say nothing to worry about :oops:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:41 pm 

gwatpe wrote:
PHEV shipped to Australia only have the single low power socket installed. The supplied cable will work in any 15A 240VAC AUS STD power outlet. Use of an adapter cord will allow connection to a 10A STD 240VAC outlet. This is not recommended.

"ChargePoint" have stations in some shopping centre car parks and selected other locations. Mitsubishi dealers may have installed charging points like my local dealer.

"ChargePoint" requires an application and use of a provided card to access their equipment. Some "ChargePoint" stations offer a free service.

There are minimal public charge points and these are mainly located in the major cities and in some selected locations on Kangaroo Island to support the local use of EV's on the island.

As stated by gwatpe, www.chargepoint.com.au is worthy of membership as it is free and most of the charge points themselves are free also. When my wife and younger children ventured to Queensland just recently they took advantage of the Charge Point network and within reason it was quite helpful. Indeed, there is even a L2 charge point at the Macadamia Castle near Byron Bay so my wife stopped there for 3/4 hour (however it cost us more to stop than the value of the electricity consumed :-) ). The staff there were so surprised and thrilled as they had never seen anybody actually use the charging facility so it was a real treat for them.

Also, Charge Point has advised me directly that they are likely to release an L2 Charge Point home solution at years end for about $A1,000. I'm not sure how this stacks up on price by international comparison but I will nevertheless consider the merits of this option closer to the time of release.

Finally, and gwatpe may not know of this, but Mitsubishi is now supplying all Aussie PHEVs with a 10amp charge cable adaptor, in addition to the 15amp adaptor. I was lucky enough to read about this (on this forum I think) before I purchased and so I made doubly sure that the additional adaptor (no additional cost) was supplied when I acquisitioned the vehicle. I already had a 15amp outlet in my garage so we are able to use both adaptors interchangeably depending upon our need for speed of charging.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:06 am 

If you're in Sweden, Gothenburg area, here's a map over public charge points:
https://www.goteborgenergi.se/Privat/Pr ... addplatser
For now, most are free to use. After this summer, the cost will be SEK 3 (~ €0.3)/minute (CHAdeMO / CCS), which is translated to about €1/10 km - A little steep imo, as I can charge at home for ~€0.2/10 km

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next