Rear sensors

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy

Dealer corrected the poor colour and fitting of retro seniors now much better, but not the same as factory fit

image.jpg

Andy said:
Dealer corrected the poor colour and fitting of retro seniors...
can't quite think of the right phrase to ask for more info about your retro seniors :lol: :lol: :lol: but they sound like cool old folk to me!

aitchjaybee said:
Andy said:
Dealer corrected the poor colour and fitting of retro seniors...
can't quite think of the right phrase to ask for more info about your retro seniors :lol: :lol: :lol: but they sound like cool old folk to me![/

Never had a camera before so still wanted a positive noise to add to all the other beeps the car makes :)

Are these aftermarket or OEM? Is there a function in the MMCS to switch them on? I want more beeps too!! :lol:

I have front sensors, last week standing in a traffic jam I had a lorry next to me. Sensors were beeping all the time.

My dealer will now install a switch off button where the dead button next to the display cycling button...

JKL said:
I have front sensors, last week standing in a traffic jam I had a lorry next to me. Sensors were beeping all the time.

My dealer will now install a switch off button where the dead button next to the display cycling button...

If they're the standard Mitsi fitted front sensors, there's already a button to switch them off, a fairly well hidden round black button with "P" on it behind the wiper stalk on the right of the steering wheel.

DrSlackBladder said:
JKL said:

If they're the standard Mitsi fitted front sensors, there's already a button to switch them off, a fairly well hidden round black button with "P" on it behind the wiper stalk on the right of the steering wheel.

I doubt, as my dealer fitted the sensors (4 sensors) and he claims they are original: I will have a look, so on a european left hand drive this button should be also on the right ?

JKL said:
DrSlackBladder said:
JKL said:

I doubt, as my dealer fitted the sensors (4 sensors) and he claims they are original: I will have a look, so on a european left hand drive this button should be also on the right ?

Maybe they're not Mitsi original.......there are only 2 front sensors on mine, not 4. And they're not very good, as they're "corner" sensors, leaving a sensor-less void in the centre of the front bumper.

These are my doubts, there are 4 sensors which is a good thing and they do not look like the originals fitted on the pictures. They turn off above a certain speed but are annoying in queues or traffic jam when a car is to close on the left or right of my car.

RazMan said:
Are these aftermarket or OEM? Is there a function in the MMCS to switch them on? I want more beeps too!! :lol:

They are after market by dealer but part of car order as car was already in stock so I had in two weeks rather than wait. They activate when in reverse with no button.

Back