New GX5H

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BobEngineer said:
Disappointed I couldn't have the off-white leather like they get in Europe, or even in Ireland, I have seen a video review of someone driving a PHEV with off white leather. Especially annoying as it shows they have this interior already made in right hand drive then. So why not offer it in the UK?

You can feel smug in two or three years when that white leather is beginning to look very grubby while your black interior looks like new!

maby said:
BobEngineer said:
Disappointed I couldn't have the off-white leather like they get in Europe, or even in Ireland, I have seen a video review of someone driving a PHEV with off white leather. Especially annoying as it shows they have this interior already made in right hand drive then. So why not offer it in the UK?

You can feel smug in two or three years when that white leather is beginning to look very grubby while your black interior looks like new!

You don't think I would have let anyone SIT on it do you? :lol: :lol: :lol:

As it will be a company car I wouldn't care too much though, not my problem.

maby said:
BobEngineer said:

They call it off-white but it is grey....

I wouldn't have thought so. Everything that is added to the GX5 can be put on at the port of entry - in other words it is simply a GX4 from the factory with a few post production add-ons. There's nothing there that requires factory build.
Hence the surprising price premium!

I'vw just purchased my GX5 and gone for the red leather..........which now im having two thoughts about! I've tried looking for pictures of the beige leather and also asked the dealer but no luck. Does anyone here have a pic of a GX5 with the beige leather that they would be willing to show!? Thanks in advance

If by "beige" you mean the off-white, there are some youtube reviews which have it on the car, albeit not in English

Some nice finishing touches. The red looks cool. Lots of pictures here when you scroll down. http://minkara.carview.co.jp/en/userid/227005/blog/

Not sure I'd like a beige steering wheel all that much. I think the red looks rather nice. I'm very dubious about all the bits and bobs stuck on the outside though. Looks very after market to me.

78633mit-750x499.jpg

maxeareymitsubishi021_1-750x499.jpg

maxeareymitsubishi095-350x232.jpg
maxeareymitsubishi100-350x232.jpg

Interior

- Sumptuous high-line Nappa leather seats, dash, door and console lining in Porcelain Beige, Claret Red or Gunmetal Grey.
- Acoustically optimised audio system – seven speaker 420W premium Alpine Hi-Fi system, with silk dome tweeters to provide accurate and smooth highs, powerful 16.5cm midrange drivers and 20cm subwoofers for deep lows. The audio system has been specifically tuned for the Outlander GX5h and GX5hs interiors, in a soundproofed audio chamber and using sophisticated sound measurement equipment.
- Floor level, front and rear mood lighting, LED interior lights and ‘puddle’ lamps.
- Front and rear heated seats.
- Twin rear USB charging port.

Exterior

- Integrated side steps.
- Rear spoiler.
- Outlander bonnet badge.
- LED Fog lamps and DRLs with chrome surrounds.

Colours

The new Outlander PHEV GX5h and GX5hs will be available in all five Outlander PHEV colours:

- Atlantic Grey (Metallic)
- Glacier Blue (Metallic)
- White Pearl (Pearlescent)
- Frost White (Solid)
- Amethyst Black (Pearlescent)

This is basically an utilitarian car. I must confess I fail to see the benefit of turning it into a wannabe Range Rover.... Probably conceived for the Chinese market...

Would be better if Mitsubishi could fix the issues (and owners requests) of the current models :roll:

jaapv said:
This is basically an utilitarian car. I must confess I fail to see the benefit of turning it into a wannabe Range Rover.... Probably conceived for the Chinese market...

One of my main criticisms when test driving the PHEV was the rather utilitarian nature of the interior. I reckon they have corrected this effectively but taken advantage of the popularity of it, trying to justify the £5K price hike in the process :x Nothing wrong with the side steps though ;)

Sidesteps: Nice RVS off-brand ones: 320 Euro, including fitting. The interior plastic is the same as the standard car, although my stripe is some kind of mother-of-pearl effect instead of Burgundy plastic-fantastic, and they appear to have stuffed some geese feathers into the set covering.

Does the addition of side steps effectively reduce the ground clearance - they seem about the same height from the floor as the front bib and not sure if this has changed.

Also, does the addition of the steps mean that the mud-flaps as supplied in the Mitsubishi "Protection Pack" can no longer be fitted?

I agree the £ premium is a bit steep but I am fortunate in that it will be a company purchase or lease.

Thanks

Ron

I have sidebars and mudflaps fitted, bur these appear to have integrated mudflaps, and yes, the speedbump clearance is a bit less, but still ample.

If you fit the oem side steps then the front mudflaps have to go - rear ones are ok unless you fit the sports bodykit. Not much difference in ground clearance ....... in town anyway ;)

Posh79 said:
I'vw just purchased my GX5 and gone for the red leather..........which now im having two thoughts about! I've tried looking for pictures of the beige leather and also asked the dealer but no luck. Does anyone here have a pic of a GX5 with the beige leather that they would be willing to show!? Thanks in advance

Hi, I managed to get some pictures from Mitsubishi before ordering my new company car, I will post them once I figure out how to upload a picture. To be honest from the couple of pictures that I received the red looked the best by far, the grey was too close to the rest of the black interior and the cream clashed too much - especially on the steering wheel.

Back