Outlander PHEV SMS Remote App now available

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
avensys said:
The normal depleted battery level is about 26-32%. However, Mitsubishi say the preheat won't work when the traction battery level is low. Therefore if the car's traction battery is showing as depleted I would be amazed if the car allowed preheat to deplete it further.
The heater and aircon are only disabled at 22%. That would suggest that you in most situations should be fine. Although, a 10 minute cycle already consumes 800 Wh, enough to lower SOC by 7%.

anko said:
avensys said:
The normal depleted battery level is about 26-32%. However, Mitsubishi say the preheat won't work when the traction battery level is low. Therefore if the car's traction battery is showing as depleted I would be amazed if the car allowed preheat to deplete it further.
The heater and aircon are only disabled at 22%. That would suggest that you in most situations should be fine. Although, a 10 minute cycle already consumes 800 Wh, enough to lower SOC by 7%.
Hi,
That may be true when the car is "turned on". I strongly suspect that when the car is turned off, and the traction battery is "flat" that the preheat would not operate at all.
Kind regards,
Mark

Olibol said:
That sounds brilliant Mark. How does the app know when the car has been started, is it that it begins to charge the phone?

Exactly. If power applied (with the rule only made active on the rare occasion I leave it somewhere dodgy) it will text and email me when the phone starts to charge.
Olibol said:
And have you got a charging cable hard wired into the car somewhere out of sight, or does it plug into A 12v socket or USB?

Currently, the phone is just hidden in the armrest console and plugged into the 12v socket inside the armrest.
However, I had a twin USB cable wird to the rear of the 12v socket below the dash, one feed comes out to power my normal phone, and I am thinking of hiding the old phone behind the trim at the rear of the 12v feed below the dash.

Kind regards,
Mark

Some really interesting ideas there Mark.

I use Tasker to automate things like texting me the location of the car and telling me when the powers turned on.

You can have the phone email you a photo so you can see who's powered your car up too.

I dare say you could knock up a tasker script to create your own text to heat app in a few mins, it's only a few steps.

Harry

Harry,

The app (by GOS) for which this thread was created was evolved from a Tasker script that does just that. It is out there and GOS calls it "the free version". I have it running for quite some time now.

Tough dare ;)

Anko,

I wish I'd known that, I created and complied an app using tasker today.

it works on kitkat 4.4 and 4.3 android phones and responds to texts or missed calls from a number or numbers, you can also text it to get the location of the car should you misplace it.

Personally I'd rather phone it and hang up as it doesn't require the phone to have credit to test / use.

if anyone would like a copy to try PM your email and I'll send a copy with some instructions to set it up.

I'm not going to charge for it, you have no control over Tasker, the Mitsubishi app or changes to Android, so it could stop working for a number of reasons and it only took a few hours to put together.

if anyone has any suggestions for improvements, I'll take them on board.

Harry

HarryP said:
Personally I'd rather phone it and hang up as it doesn't require the phone to have credit to test / use.
Same here. The original Tasker script GOS put out, used SMS for activation and confirmation. I changed that to "responding to a missed call" and "calling back and letting it ring for 5 seconds" . I did make sure that I do not "call back for confirmation" immediately, as the call may be redirected to Voice Mail, which will cost money. Now that we can preheat for 30 minutes, we also do not need options for 10, 20 or 30 minutes, IMHO. Also, I removed the confirmation when the cycle ends. Just make sure you call your car less than 30 minutes before you want to leave.

Thanks for the support guys! Take a look at www.autoapps.no now to get a sneak peak at the new FREE features that I hope to release next week!

avensys said:
anko said:
avensys said:
Hi,
That may be true when the car is "turned on". I strongly suspect that when the car is turned off, and the traction battery is "flat" that the preheat would not operate at all.
Kind regards,
Mark
Did the test. I arrived at home yesterday, right when EV range just dropped from 1 to -- km. Pretty much the same as always. Before hooking it up, I initiated pre-heating and let it sit there. At some point, pre-heating stopped and the App said heating had stopped due to low battery. Then I recharged. Where I can normally charge about 8.4 to 8.5 kWh in the same situation, I did 10 even this time. So, approx. 1.5 kWh more.

We have now released the documentation for the new Extended Features of the "Outlander PHEV SMS Remote" App, and the new Free "Outlander PHEV SMS Utility" App.

We hope publish the new Apps on Google Play tomorrow.

The new version of the "Outlander PHEV SMS Utility" App will be a Free Upgrade for existing customers.
The "Outlander PHEV SMS Utility" App is Free, and works in conjunction with the "Outlander PHEV SMS Utility" App.

See www.autoapps.no

gos said:
The "Outlander PHEV SMS Utility" App is Free, and works in conjunction with the "Outlander PHEV SMS Utility" App.
It's free but works in conjunction with itself?

anko said:
Titan said:
gos said:
It's free but works in conjunction with itself?
Haha. Saw that indeed. I think he got confused the naming of the master and slave app ;)

Always glad to contribute to a laugh :)

gos said:
bdbdbd said:
RazMan said:
So as I understand it the whole setup will cost the price of your app, a dedicated Android phone and a PAYG SIM - not exactly a cheap solution but I am intrigued about the free additions that you mention - can you divulge any info ? ;)

I got a cheap android phone from Carphone Warehouse. An LG L20 for £19.99 plus £10 topup. It works fine and is very small and compact. The screen is so small that you can't actually read all the text in Gos's app but that's not very important. The thing is that it works.

Thanks for feedback: I can now att the LG L20 to the list of Tested Phones :).
A small phone is good: When I leave the car, I hide the phone in my secret place, where any intruder probably not look for anything. I will get back to why this may be important with my Free Addon's later.

I got a cheap generic quad core Android phone running KitKat. Leagoo Lead 3 from Amazon.co.uk. £50. Together with your App from play store and £10 PAYG Three network card. All works fine. (Pal though I do receive the Heating Already Started message after starting a heat cycle).

Back