Iphone disconnecting from Bluetooth

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only tried one call, made via the touch screen, and it held the connection with wifi enabled.

More testing to come!

Just had an update from the dealer, Mitsubishi have apparently recognised that there is a software issue & are currently in the process of producing updated software. However this will not be available until August at the earliest so we will just have to put up with it for now. The dealer also seemed to think that this update may also address other software issues.

Well, after more testing, iOS 8.1.3 can be officially declared to be ........

No fix :evil:

My next phone won't be an Apple ... :|

Tyke said:
Well, after more testing, iOS 8.1.3 can be officially declared to be ........

No fix :evil:

My next phone won't be an Apple ... :|

Mine was working fine today, i thought it might have been fixed :(

So after a long chat with Mitsubishi UK (who were very helpful) it appears that the Aug update relates to the Iphone only which is known issue with IOS 8. The same fault should not occur from an android phone. After I explained that i have an android phone & that I have this fault they have arranged for a new blutooth module & handfree system to be installed under warranty at my dealer.

The service from Mitsubishi UK has been top notch on this.

The problem is still there :(

I thought maybe if I used the 'transfer' command i could send it to my headset, but no, once again it takes back the bluetooth control and then drops it. Is there a way to disable the in car hands free, but still use the bluetooth streaming audio?

My wife used her iPhone 6 today and reported the sound kept switching from the call to the in car radio when we stopped talking. Is this the same thing?

Yes, that is what happens with me :evil:

It holds the call if you switch off wifi, but there are still niggles with this 'workaround'.

Update. Had the new bluetooth module fitted today & I now have no bluetooth at all. Apparently the updated unit doesn't seem to work with older phones, so the only thing mitsubishi can suggest is refitting the previous faulty unit. So official complaint now lodged & I await a response.

Download the app bluetooth auto connect, the phone bluetooth driver software is a newer version than the car head unit. This works for android note 4 should work fie iPhone..

Englishman, I don't follow what you are saying.

You cannot update the Bluetooth driver software on iOS; it is part of the operating system. :?:

http://www.uniqtec.eu/applications/bluetooth-auto-connect.htm. Install this worked for me The bluetooth drivers ie software on your phone is not compatible with the cars bluetooth software. Samsung are planning a rollback for this very problem on the note 4 the test is older phones don't experience this fault, because of older bluetooth drivers. Read iPhone are affected as well.

englishman said:
http://www.uniqtec.eu/applications/bluetooth-auto-connect.htm. Install this worked for me The bluetooth drivers ie software on your phone is not compatible with the cars bluetooth software. Samsung are planning a rollback for this very problem on the note 4 the test is older phones don't experience this fault, because of older bluetooth drivers. Read iPhone are affected as well.

Problem Mitsubishi have is the updated software they use seems to stop connections to older models. The replacement unit they have fitted to my car connects fine to a iphone 6 or a Note 4 but will not connect to my S4. They have refitted the older faulted unit which does the opposite. It is basically a right mess.

This is the problem

Bluetooth 4.1 standard. that's what's installed on new phones .is on my note 4 which was unusable in the PHEV, my older damned awful pile of rubbish Nokia 920 did work, So after a simple deduction what's changed not the car so its the phone.

The difference the Bluetooth protocols. Downloaded the software I mentioned and all works fine.

englishman said:
This is the problem

Bluetooth 4.1 standard. that's what's installed on new phones .is on my note 4 which was unusable in the PHEV, my older damned awful pile of rubbish Nokia 920 did work, So after a simple deduction what's changed not the car so its the phone.

The difference the Bluetooth protocols. Downloaded the software I mentioned and all works fine.

The suggested software does not work on my s4 with the updated unit & my wifes iphone 6 will not work with the older unit.

Various reports on the Dutch forum saying that iOS 8.2 offers a huge improvement when it comes to dialing out from your phone instead of from MMCS.

Updated just now. Will try for myself tomorrow.

Back