What Have You Done To Your PHEV Today?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
duetto said:
there is a no 30mph clearly marked on the speed ometer and I have to be careful round here traffic speed are very enthusiastic here in the 30mph zones

As an aside, my dashcam can be set to display the car speed in big figures (as measured by GPS). I find the car's speedometer is optimistic by about 8%. I seem to recall having the same thing in my last two Volvos, so perhaps the manufacturers want us to think we're going faster than we think! Or maybe they're saving us from collecting speeding points. :?:

duetto said:
my limiter goes over and just makes a noise, checked with dealer who said it does not limit the speed just alerts you when you go over.[the only way is to use cruise control which I do not like]
The limiter stops you putting more power down when you reach the set limit, effectively the same as lifting your foot off the gas. However, when decending a hill it relies on regenerative braking to actually slow you down when you exceed the limit. As we well know, with a fully charged battery (or in B0?), there is little to no regenerative braking available so you are able to exceed the limit and just get the warning flash & bleep.

kind regards,
Mark

Made myself a Typ1-Typ2 cable out of some no longer used connectors out of an older project.

Who can spot the minor mistake? :lol: :lol:

2lsdtm8.jpg

2duvqg.jpg

And yes, it still worked, although it looked a little obscene in real...

Kim said:
Made myself a Typ1-Typ2 cable out of some no longer used connectors out of an older project.

Who can spot the minor mistake? :lol: :lol:

2lsdtm8.jpg

2duvqg.jpg

And yes, it still worked, although it looked a little obscene in real...

Hi m8

Yes your plug is upside down !!!
Graham

ɹɐɔ uɐǝdoɹnǝ ʎɯ uo ɹoʇɔǝuuoɔ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ uɐ ƃuıʇʇnd ɹoɟ ʇǝƃ ı ʇɐɥʍ s,ʇɐɥʇ

Regulo said:
As an aside, my dashcam can be set to display the car speed in big figures (as measured by GPS). I find the car's speedometer is optimistic by about 8%. I seem to recall having the same thing in my last two Volvos, so perhaps the manufacturers want us to think we're going faster than we think! Or maybe they're saving us from collecting speeding points. :?:

I am pretty sure that all cars are calibrated to a tolerance of +10% -0% - at least that was the tolerance when I got my kit car through the SVA test a few years back. In other words they are always going to read fast.

The LED position lights are an easy, cheap fix that makes a big difference doesn't it. I decided to muffle the tailgate beeper rather than disconnect and it works a treat. I used duck tape (a cloth type masking tape), once around the sound unit (horizontal) and then having tested realised a lot of the noise seems to come from the top of the unit, so a piece of tape over that vertically and a gentle muted beep is all that emits. I find that useful if passenger is wanting to put something in/out the boot, they know I've pressed the button. But it's really muffled so doesn't wake the neighbours or draw attention - can't hear it beyond a couple of metres
HJB

Regulo said:
duetto said:
there is a no 30mph clearly marked on the speed ometer and I have to be careful round here traffic speed are very enthusiastic here in the 30mph zones

Which dash cam is that?

Removed Canbus resistors from the (non-standard fitment) position lights. What a waste of electric.
Installed Ring XenonUltimate High-Beam headlight bulbs. Definitely a bit brighter but probably not enough to warrant the cost. Happy with the result though.
Checked reversing lamp - it's going to be difficult to find an LED replacement that is brighter than the original bulb but I will try. Need all the light I can get. May have to fit an extra light unit under the rear bumper.

@davebodger, I have an unlit road I need to park in sometimes and also find the reversing light below spec. As it's a remote road there are usually no others users about so I turn on the rear fog lights and that really helps. Not sure if that could help you at all but thought I'd offer.
HJB

thanks will try the fog light. only got one rear fog light too, I thought only cheap cars did this not what you would expect on a 28k car.

duetto said:
thanks will try the fog light. only got one rear fog light too, I thought only cheap cars did this not what you would expect on a 28k car.

Whilst I'm only speculating, I don't think it s a cost-saving measure. Single fog lights are more readily recognised as just that, and not confused with brake lights.

My 37k Merc (very soon to replaced by Phev) has all manner of gadgetry such a radar, will park itself, LED headlighting etc, but... yes, you guessed it - a single fog lamp!

aitchjaybee said:
@davebodger, I have an unlit road I need to park in sometimes and also find the reversing light below spec. As it's a remote road there are usually no others users about so I turn on the rear fog lights and that really helps. Not sure if that could help you at all but thought I'd offer.
HJB
Thanks for the tip @aitchjaybee.
I've found one LED bulb that I'm going to try - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151597417836
I'll report back how that goes.

davebodger said:
I've found one LED bulb that I'm going to try - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151597417836
Their pocket calculater seems to be off a little.

Their Technical parameters:
Model NO.
T20 7440
Input voltage
12V~24V
Constant Current
350-700 mA
Power
50W (10X5W)
800 lumens

I can only find 8 Watts coming from 700mA@12Volt

????

Here's what I'll try out (when finally delivered):http://www.dx.com/p/mz-t20-12w-led-...-6000k-24-smd-5630-12-24v-376086#.VOgaUiyDhZw
Claims 1200 lumens at 12 Watt
We'll see... Everything above 500 lumens should be ok, compared to the 300 lumens of the original bulb

Kim said:
davebodger said:

I've got a pair of those in my (twin) reversing lights - really good!

p.s. don't forget that watts do not really apply (in light terms anyway) and many of the LED manufacturers just use the wattage as a comparison to conventional bulbs - lumens are the proper way of looking at light levels.

Back