Just got it

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cpe1978

So, after a few weeks of waiting and delaying another week to get a 15 plate on the front, my white PHEV GX4H has just arrived courtesy of NHS Fleet Solutions.

The guy who brought it drove it all the way from Darlington which is about 150 miles and managed to still get over 42mpg in spite of it all being motorway apart from the last very hilly bit. Been for a quick spin and have to say that I really like it, looking forward to getting more familiar :)

Well unfortunately the charging point isn't being installed for ten days so I am a fuel guzzler til then, but hey, the weather is lovely I am not complaining, I am just going to enjoy driving what seems to be at the moment a very nice car.

cpe1978 said:
Well unfortunately the charging point isn't being installed for ten days so I am a fuel guzzler til then, but hey, the weather is lovely I am not complaining, I am just going to enjoy driving what seems to be at the moment a very nice car.

No option of running a 13A extension cable through a window?

cpe1978 said:
So, after a few weeks of waiting and delaying another week to get a 15 plate on the front, my white PHEV GX4H has just arrived courtesy of NHS Fleet Solutions.

The guy who brought it drove it all the way from Darlington which is about 150 miles and managed to still get over 42mpg in spite of it all being motorway apart from the last very hilly bit. Been for a quick spin and have to say that I really like it, looking forward to getting more familiar :)

When did you order?

I am expecting delivery anytime now for mine through NHS FleetSolutions.

Thanks

maby said:
cpe1978 said:

I am useless at this sort of thing, but I thought using an extension was advised against?

I will probably click the button on a fleet solutions deal in the next week or so - so delivery info would be useful - ie how long from order to delivery.

Although i note that the prices seem to have gone up compared to when i last looked at them!

hungrymackem said:
cpe1978 said:

When did you order?

Thanks

We ordered in mid Jan, so with a bit of faffing, us delaying delivery for a week to get the 15 plate I reckon it has been about 7 weeks.

sawman said:
I will probably click the button on a fleet solutions deal in the next week or so - so delivery info would be useful - ie how long from order to delivery.

Although i note that the prices seem to have gone up compared to when i last looked at them!

I think salary sacrifice we are paying £312 a month but for £20k per annum.

cpe1978 said:
I am useless at this sort of thing, but I thought using an extension was advised against?

It's ok provided you use a decent quality extension rated at 13A.

cpe1978 said:
sawman said:

I think salary sacrifice we are paying £312 a month but for £20k per annum.

Thats about what I have been quoted, I ran some quotes last autumn, and I am sure they were less than 300, but never mind. Is your BIK tax rate going to change in April, or is that already calculated?

cpe1978 said:
hungrymackem said:
cpe1978 said:

When did you order?

Thanks

We ordered in mid Jan, so with a bit of faffing, us delaying delivery for a week to get the 15 plate I reckon it has been about 7 weeks.

I ordered early/mid January, I did opt for a removable towbar - I understand that should only delay things by around a week. No further info other than delivery estimate of early March - may have to chase them :?

I am paying around £310 per month on 20k mile per annum.

I was just reading up on the BIK, apparently the PHEV will still fall in the 5% bracket which is where I thought it always has been? Never had a company car before so don't know too much about it.

cpe1978 said:
I was just reading up on the BIK, apparently the PHEV will still fall in the 5% bracket which is where I thought it always has been? Never had a company car before so don't know too much about it.

No expert on the BIK, but I think it is increasing by 1% in each of the next 3 years.

I think mine stays at the 5% mark as that is the contract I signed, even if it does increase by 1%, the savings I will be making will still be significant - current car, I am paying 13% BIK.

We ordered in mid Jan, so with a bit of faffing, us delaying delivery for a week to get the 15 plate I reckon it has been about 7 weeks.[/quote]

I ordered early/mid January, I did opt for a removable towbar - I understand that should only delay things by around a week. No further info other than delivery estimate of early March - may have to chase them :?

I am paying around £310 per month on 20k mile per annum.[/quote]

sounds good, I would be after a towbar also.

hungrymackem said:
No expert on the BIK, but I think it is increasing by 1% in each of the next 3 years.

I think mine stays at the 5% mark as that is the contract I signed

It's actually going up 2% per annum. Therefore 2016/17 will see a 7% BIK on the Phev, then 9% for 2017/18.
This year (from April), it stays at 5%.

It is not a matter of contract, but more like income tax. The taxman will take it away from you automatically via your employer, at whatever percentage is current.

cpe1978 said:
maby said:
cpe1978 said:

Not at all, you can use an extension lead fine as long as it is completely unwound and laid out to preventing it getting hot. I used one for the first month or so no problem as I couldn't get my charge point put where I wanted due to building works.

The car only pulls 10A which is less than a kettle or electric heater.

Here is the one I used, on an RCD to be safe - has since been useful as a safer extension lead to use for the jet washer! - http://amzn.to/1wXnQuw

sawman said:

The paperwork process can be a bit convoluted....

I ordered mine on three weeks ago, it took a week for my trust payroll dept to validate the paperwork
another week for NHS fleet to process it and confirm they have sent the order to the local dealership/lease company.

They say that can take 2-4 weeks before they come back with a delivery date. I'm one week into waiting on that so will chase up at the end of next week...

Back