Clever windscreen wipers.

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MHS

After having the car for 4 months, I found a clever facility by chance today.

If you flick the wiper stalk briefly towards you, the washers fire.

So what, doesn't every car?

But the phev first squirts the washers, wipes, washes before the returning wipe, then repeats. The washers fire 4 or 5 times automatically with one quick stalk flick.

Not had this on any of our previous cars.

MHS said:

But the phev first squirts the washers, wipes, washes before the returning wipe, then repeats. The washers fire 4 or 5 times automatically with one quick stalk flick.

...and then, waits a few seconds before doing a final wipe. Right!? ;)

Regards :D

Kaboom said:
MHS said:

...and then, waits a few seconds before doing a final wipe. Right!? ;)

Regards :D

Yes, similar to most cars, it does a final sweep a few seconds later. It's the automatic repeated washes that I've not seen on other cars.

It seems to use a lot of water though so I prefer to hold it in for a second, to do a quick wash and wipe - probably why I've filled it once in nearly 9,000 miles!
H

Hypermiler said:
It seems to use a lot of water though so I prefer to hold it in for a second, to do a quick wash and wipe - probably why I've filled it once in nearly 9,000 miles!
H
Typical blooming Yorkshireman. "I'm on a water meter, so I'm not going to overdo cleaning the windscreen"

Before you all call me racist I am from North Yorkshire too.

Hypermiler said:
H

They obviously don't put a lot of salt down on the roads where you drive! I think I'm refilling the wiper bottle every couple of weeks!

Back