Technical graphs and images

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one shows cell balancing done on all 80 cells in Phev hv battery. See previous image on CMU.

This is done while charging from the grid or by the dealer.

From the older image that was here it says,

For those so inclined it says underneath this image.
Max voltage per cell =4.1 volts x 80 cells = 328 volts
Min voltage per cell =3.55 volts x 80 cells = 284 volts

Image from MMC.

Regards Trex

This one is the Phev models with electric heater.

Image from MMC.

Now from the old image that was here I wrote,

For people in cold climates it says underneath this image that about 10 C or more difference between the setting of the climate control and temp of the interior starts the petrol motor. It also says max output of electric heater is 4.25kw.

Regards Trex.

Here is the network of the Phev.

The EV Remote module on the left hand side of the diagram is where we connect our phones to control heating lights etc.

Image from MMC.

Regards Trex.

I am just showing this for comparison because it was already in this Phev document.

The Mitsubishi I-MIEV canbus network.

Compare with Phev canbus network above and how Mitsubishi now use gateways to "talk" to other parts of the network.

MMC via anko

Regards Trex.

Regulo said:
jaapv said:
I suppose that by “Couple”, “Torque" is meant
Could mean when the clutch engages for ICE direct drive to the wheels?
Could .... But is not ;) the chart is about "parallel mode and charging". The green line shows how much torque is needed to maintain a specific speed on a flat road with no wind. The red line shows how much torque is available at that speed. The difference shows how much is available for recharging.

What the text says is that as soon as more torque is needed for driving (accelerating, climbing, head wind) the charging is cut off.

Not all of the available surplus torque is used for charging as otherwise the charge current would be way to high and damaging to the battery. Unfortunately, when you need more torque because of driving circumstances, the car reduces the amount of torque used for charging instead of instead of increase engine output. For solo driving, that's not so ,icy an issue. When towing, it is the effect that prevents you from maintaining decent SOC. I did a separate thread on this topic.

Ok I only put this in for mainly what it says underneath.

Now its says underneath that only 70% of the 12kWhh HV battery in the Phev is used . 12 x 0.7 = 8.4

So there is only 8.4kWh usable in the High Voltage (HV) drive battery.

Notice the top right side of the image where it shows 8.6 x 8.4 = 73km (8.6km/kWh from red box on display x 8.4kWh usable HV battery capacity gives 72.24km) in ev mode.

If only I could get those figures. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:...... I am still laughing.

It also says if we can get 17kWh/100km or less in the display where the red box is we should get about 50km or more in ev mode.

Around town where I live (60kph speed limit) when the traffic is light (very few red lights) I can get about 50kms.

Image from MMC via anko.

Regards Trex.

Wow, thanks a million guys, this is the best ever post, so much information for those who are interested in the technology.

ufo said:
Wow, thanks a million guys, this is the best ever post, so much information for those who are interested in the technology.

Gday ufo,

This is what my father (deceased) would say to a compliment like yours : "Aw shucks I bet you say that to all the boys ". :lol: :lol: I should put this into context in that he became very embarrassed and uneasy when receiving the many awards given to him through his life for engineering inventions and charity work. It was his way of joking after receiving accolades.

But thanks for that mate. :oops: Its taken quite a few hours to wade through anko's pdf and post this information but I have enjoyed it and have learnt a lot of information I did not know myself. I am on holidays at the moment and am sick of going fishing and the pub etc by myself (my friends and wife are working) so doing this has kept me off the street, and saved me money. :lol:

I am about 4hrs north of you in Sydney near Port Macquarie.

Regards Trex.

Trex said:
ufo said:

Gday ufo,

This is what my father (deceased) would say to a compliment like yours : "Aw shucks I bet you say that to all the boys ". :lol: :lol:

But thanks for that mate. :oops: Its taken quite a few hours to wade through anko's pdf and post this information but I have enjoyed it and have learnt a lot of information I did not know myself. I am on holidays at the moment and am sick of going fishing and the pub etc by myself (my friends and wife are working) so doing this has kept me off the street, and saved me money. :lol:

I am about 4hrs north of you in Sydney near Port Macquarie.

Regards Trex.

G'day Trex,

Well, no I don't say that to all boys, I said it very honestly appreciating that it would take a lot of effort and time to put it together. Being on the forum since last June when I got my PHEV and finding so many repetitive subjects were becoming bit boring so yours was very fresh and informative and appreciated.
I am in South Dural in Sydney.

Cheers

Not sure this is a true comparison with a conventional petrol model as the multiple gears would multiply the torque available.

But interesting and thanks a lot for this information, it is invaluable in understanding what really goes on.

Regards Ian

ian4x4 said:
Not sure this is a true comparison with a conventional petrol model as the multiple gears would multiply the torque available.

But interesting and thanks a lot for this information, it is invaluable in understanding what really goes on.
RPM's of the E-motors is way higher than RPM of the 4J11 engine. So reduction of RPM is much more, I think even in the lowest possible gear. More reduction of RPM means more true at the wheels :lol:

To make the comparison easier, the E-motors provide 120 kW at 55 km/h slowly going down to 110 kW at 120 km/h. Don't think that, even with all the gears in the world, you will bear able to get that from the 4J11 engine.

Back