GX5H Audio System Queries

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronnob

Good afternoon, I would like to know if my GX5H has the correct amp installed considering the advertising brochure makes a big play on it having a "premium" sound system which was a major point in me going for it rather than a GX4H.

1. Page 204 of my MMCS manual refers to "Surround Settings" for vehicles with premium amp. This is accessed under "Acoustics Setting" within "Sound Quality Control" I have the SQC menu option but no "Acoustics Setting" option as shown on page 205. Is this because the GX5 system is already (according to the brochure) "specifically tuned for the Outlander's interior"

2. Although I can see Alpine branded speakers, where is the 20cm subwoofer located? is it the black box under the passenger seat? This looks more like a 90's CD changer unit than what I thought would be a sub.

I love the car (had it 2 days) but after several dealership niggles and a service from them that was not a totally happy experience, I want to get this sorted as soon as possible if it is an error.

Many thanks

Ron
GX5H Grey/Grey leather (Not as bland or gloomy as I thought it may be!)

Interesting question!
Came across this forum while looking for info about the black box under passenger seat. I got the GX5 a few days ago, and would like to ask the same as ronnob, if anyone can help!
Will speak to dealer tomorrow though, and will post back with an answer if I get one.

Hello,

the black box is, I believe, the amplifier for the "premium" audio sytem.

I still do not know where the 20cm sub-woofer is located though.

I have had mine exactly a week today and apart from a couple of dealership problems during the buying process I am very pleased.

Ron

Don't know about that Ron - turn the system on, bass up, move the seat forward and have a feel and a listen to the box. This might well be the sub-woofer! Interesting comments about the settings too, my sound settings menu is also missing the Acoustics settings you mention.
I traded in a LWB Shogun Diamond for this car. It was fitted with a Rockford sound system which had those Acoustic settings to fiddle about with. I like my music, which is one of the reasons I went for the upgraded sound on the Outlander - but to be fair - I don't normally have it up that loud. Not the point though, if the settings should be there as mentioned in the MMS book, then I want them!
Think I'll try a two pronged approach here - ask the dealer (who have just taken on the dealership, so they probably won't know off hand), and also ask Mitsubishi directly.
I took delivery four days ago - this is one nice car. Prior to my Shogun which I had for 5 years, I had an Outlander diesel. I like the GX5 even better!

Here's the reply from Mitsubishi UK customer services, received today :

The box underneath the passenger seat is just the Subwoofer and the Alpine amp is behind the centre console.

I have checked and can confirm that the reference you have seen in the MMCS Manual relates to the factory standard, Rockford Fosgate system, which is not fitted to your vehicle. Please, therefore, disregard.

Kind regards,

Nadine

Makes sense - the unit fitted to my earlier Shogun was the Rockford Fosgate.

Back