purchase of the new 2016 model

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gearo

Hi all,
I'm from Australia and Mitsubishi will not outline any release dates for the PHEV.
Know this sounds silly but am i able to purchase the new 2016 model from anywhere overseas?
The car must obviously meet the Australian requirements.
Is it possible to get some of the reimbursements I'm about?
thanks

It looks like the 2016 PHEV hasn't been released anywhere yet. There are no pictures and no specification that I can find. I guess it is your proximity to Japan which means you've got early deliveries of the non-hybrid models. That might mean you're also early recipients of the PHEV.

Be very careful about the warranty implications - there are plenty of things on this car that can only be diagnosed and fixed by a Mitsubishi trained and equipped engineer!

There was something on one of the Australian car review websites saying that the PHEV won't be updated for a while - which is a pity as I've got to order fairly soon myself - and that it will look a bit different from the non-hybrid versions. Don't know what to take from this, but assume it will be late in the year before we can order one.

The new Outlander 2016 restyling was present past week in the New York International Auto Show, April 3-12, 2015.
No news if the PHEV will come also like that... but probably, yes :)

image_12908_0_1428332423.jpeg

image_12908_0_1428332448.jpeg

image_12908_0_1428332463.jpeg

And its beeing shipped already...

2016-Mitsubishi-Outlander-2.jpg

I got a feeling that the new facelift model will be here soon. My dealer just informed me that the leasing company is reducing price of their existing stock (in the UK).

However based on what has been presented in the NY Auto show, most of the changes are external cosmetic look. So if you could get the existing model with a good price, I think you should. Otherwise just wait for the new facelift model.

Hmmm... I really don't like that front - far too fussy and overstyled for my taste.
A bit like heavy makeup on an elderly lady.

Actually, if the car had looked like that in 2013, you could find me on the Volvo plug-in forum today.... :shock:

jaapv said:
Hmmm... I really don't like that front - far too fussy and overstyled for my taste.
A bit like heavy makeup on an elderly lady.

Actually, if the car had looked like that in 2013, you could find me on the Volvo plug-in forum today.... :shock:

Fully agree - the current model is tastefully understated. Does the new one come with factory-fitted fluffy dice dangling off the mirror?

Just received this email from a very helpful Paul at Australia's caradvice.com.au...

Thanks for the e-mail.

The newly designed Outlander PHEV won't go on sale until late 2015.

The new Outlander on the other hand goes on sale locally in the coming weeks.

Comments in this thread suggesting the new model is only a facelift will find with a bit of googling, the new 2016 petrol version has many improvements throughout. No way the same model in PHEV is going backwards !
But still keen to find out if i can purchase overseas with a discount.
Looks like I've a few months to find out.
thanks for comments to date.

Confirmed the PHEV version also with this new restyling coming on this september 2015.

ea9c7b9e08e0d7f309514d9cb8776d11_2_XL.jpg

Better start ordering the old version in fear of ending up with that, looks a right step back

t3lmo said:
Confirmed the PHEV version also with this new restyling coming on this september 2015.
Japan: july 2015
Europe: december 2015

http://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1354

gearo said:
The newly designed Outlander PHEV won't go on sale until late 2015.

I doubt there will be many "must have" improvements in the new PHEV apart from maybe better MMCS unit (and existing owners may get that upgrade anyway). If it is the 2016 look you are chasing, you'd be better off buying the 2014 model and replacing the front and rear end (assuming they are compatible with the existing wings?). The existing model is being discounted around $15k at the moment as they are way oversupplied. $43k is an absolute bargain for a PHEV Aspire.
I don't think you can even import an overseas new car which is also sold in Australia? I have heard the loophole is getting a friend living overseas to buy one, then change their mind and send it to you.

zzcoopej said:
I doubt there will be many "must have" improvements in the new PHEV...
They say...
Beyond the cosmetic touches highlights:
- Improved fuel efficiency (looks to be around 5%)
- Lower emissions
- Better MMCS usability
- Updated suspension

Charge time is reported as approx. 3 hrs at 16 A / 5 hrs at 10 A, both have come down 30 minutes.
CO2 emission per km down from 44 gram to 42 gram
Plugin fuel economy down from 1.9 to 1.8 l / 100 km
Hybrid fuel economy down from 5.8 to 5.5 l / 100 km
But the technical spec sheet still mentions 5.8 l / 100 km and 824 km range / 52 km EV range.

Back