Don`t switch on whilst charging

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkShelley

or you may get some weird things happening!
When I had the charger plugged in earlier today I went to check the operation of my trailer lights. I connected the 7 pin plug and got my wife to sit in the car and turn the indicators and brake lights on which required the car ignition to be on.
After doing this it was not possible to shut the car down and it was stuck in `park`. The central locking would not operate via the key fob.
I left it for an hour or so and it still wouldn`t work so I called `assistance`. Typically, when the chap turned up it was working again!

I have regularly powered my PHEV ON while recharging. Have not tried the indicators, but have used the brake pedal. Nothing untoward ever happened. Get the check engine light, and no ready light I think. Just can't drive anywhere when plugged in, which is a good thing.

Maybe you somehow triggered the car immobilizer. My PHEV lost the plot with the "key not found" message and I thought powering OFF would help. The PHEV locked up when driving and had to coast to a stop. Immobilizer was activated. Took a few minutes to get system operating again once the key started to work again. I suspect some problems may surface once the key fob battery starts to run down, for all of us.

I noticed that when I turn the car on whilst rapid charging that the rapid charging process is interupted. Bit dissapointed at that as I would love to listen some music while waiting the 20 minutes until 80 % is reached.

Otherwise had no problems doing just that while on a normal 16 amp charging.

dajoen74 said:
I noticed that when I turn the car on whilst rapid charging that the rapid charging process is interupted. Bit dissapointed at that as I would love to listen some music while waiting the 20 minutes until 80 % is reached.

Otherwise had no problems doing just that while on a normal 16 amp charging.

Don't turn fully on - just put it into ACC mode - radio works fine - do it regularly on a motorway route I use...

Yes, just one push on the starter button (but without touching the foot brake!)
Let's you use radio and all sat nav whilst charging.
Just heating/aircon doesn't work.....

Thanks.
Thought I tried that just putting on ACC..
But I'll give it a go next time I'm on a longer trip.

Back