Outlander PHEV commercial version in UK

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitchell

Mitsubishi UK has announced it is readying its Outlander PHEV Commercial Vehicle for sale in the UK to follow the standard Outlander Plug-in Hybrid due at the end of 2013 (wait, I thought the PHEV was due in July 2013 in the UK?).

Managing director of Mitsubishi UK, Lance Bradley, says the Outlander PHEV commercial will have low tax considerations for the company and the drivers, and will be sold to fleets such as the Environmental Agency who need 4wd capability.

The Outlander PHEV will offer a 705 kg payload, and will be converted in house in the UK to have a flat load area with a bulkhead as well as coated windows, or metal panels in place of windows.

The Outlander PHEV Commercial will have an electric range of 32.5 miles, and will offer electric 4wd to 75mph.
Overall fuel consumption is rated at 147.9 MPG with emissions of CO2 at less than 44g/km.

Mitsubishi will have 2 PHEV demos to show off to potential fleet customers and promote to "show them how good it is."

Read the full article at Fleetworld.co.uk

mitchell said:
Mitsubishi UK has announced it is readying its Outlander PHEV Commercial Vehicle for sale in the UK to follow the standard Outlander Plug-in Hybrid due at the end of 2013 (wait, I thought the PHEV was due in July 2013 in the UK?).

Managing director of Mitsubishi UK, Lance Bradley, says the Outlander PHEV commercial will have low tax considerations for the company and the drivers, and will be sold to fleets such as the Environmental Agency who need 4wd capability.

The Outlander PHEV will offer a 705 kg payload, and will be converted in house in the UK to have a flat load area with a bulkhead as well as coated windows, or metal panels in place of windows.

The Outlander PHEV Commercial will have an electric range of 32.5 miles, and will offer electric 4wd to 75mph.
Overall fuel consumption is rated at 147.9 MPG with emissions of CO2 at less than 44g/km.

Mitsubishi will have 2 PHEV demos to show off to potential fleet customers and promote to "show them how good it is."

Read the full article at Fleetworld.co.uk

So, they are pushing the release date of the PHEV back at least a couple of months in the UK? I am surprised they are that far behind?

My guess is that it has something to do with the huge orders that are coming from some markets that Mitsubishi somehow didn't predict, I don't think it's a production problem because they really don't have much on their plate except for the Outlander PHEV.

Countries that have a big carbon tax and a huge government benefit for purchasing a PHEV or a EV vehicle are seeing huge increases in numbers of Outlander-like car orders. Guess it's sweet problems for Mitsubishi.

Back