wifi issues

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brunkaren

hello!
Just got this new car and i really like it!
but im having some trouble with the wifi.. maybe someone of you can help me?
i have read the manual many times. when im at the part when to press the key
- lock, unlock, lock and so on.. the car is supposed to do a sound so you know the wifi is activated..
the problem is, i dont hear any sound even tho i tried step by step many times...
someone of you know a solution?

thanks!

Just checking but is your car in standby mode, ie have you pressed the power button with your foot off the brake pedal. You then have to complete the sequence of button presses in a short space of time, starting with the lock button. Once successfully completed you'll hear the beeps.

i have pressed the power button so it is orange. then ive pressed the buttons on the remote. i have read the manual many times
and i have watched youtube videos how to get it done.. but still it doesnt work for me.

You need to do the unlock/lock procedures in quite fast pace.
There is also a note in the manual what to do if it doesn't work...

Hi brunkaren, I had the same problem & ended up back at the dealers.

He turned the hazard lamps on as well, even though it doesn't tell you to do this. Apparently you need to have something else on as well.

Hope this helps.

I had the same problem. Just keep on trying it until it decides to allow you to register it. I tried it 8 times, the 9th time I was lucky, I did not do anything different than what I had done the previous 8 times.
Good luck

i have tested this more then 10 times.. i dunno how many times now.. but like everytime i get in the veichle to drive somewhere i test it..
with no luck. i did try the hazard lamps, but still nothing. Is there something more i have to do? like pairing it with bluetooth first or something?

Hi
I had a similar issue, until I realised that the drivers door has to be completely closed before the power key is pressed, and the process started. I think you also have to press the remote keys alternately quite quickly..
By the way, as far as I know, the wifi is only available on the GX4 and above..

SEE http://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1711
its been talked about several times - If you have the correct version i.e. GX4 Follow the instructions exactly.....!

thanks! been looking for someone with the similar problem, but since my english isnt that good, ive a hard time finding answers..
the thing i didnt know, as was written in the other topic, was that you only have 10 seconds from acc mode to press all 10 buttons..
i think i have tried it, but maybe not.. im gonna try, and if it doesnt work im going back to the dealer so he can show me :)

cool! i got it to work today! i did press the key right after the acc mode.. so it wasnt that hard :) i just had to be fast enough.
even tho on my instructions paper i think it said 30 secs total.. anyways, many thanks for the help ;)
But now, i have another question.. when im connected to the cars wifi, my internet doesnt work.. is that a setting on the phone
or can it be adjusted in the car? is it possible to connect the car to my home wifi, so i dont have to switch wifi all the time?

Brunkaren said:
when im connected to the cars wifi, my internet doesnt work.. is that a setting on the phone
or can it be adjusted in the car? is it possible to connect the car to my home wifi, so i dont have to switch wifi all the time?

No you have to be connected to the car OR the internet but not both. If you search the forum, some people have managed to connect the car to their home wifi through a range extender. But apparently it is not easy.

Brunkaren said:
when im connected to the cars wifi, my internet doesnt work.. is that a setting on the phone

Actually, yes you can do that, you can connect to the car's wifi and use your mobile data for the Internet while away from home.
At home, you can make your phone only connect to the car's wifi when you manually select the car's wifi network - the rest of the time it will automatically connect to your home network...I'm assuming you've got an iPhone? See this http://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1681 IMO best way to solve this is to spend 79p (or equivalent) on the wifi priority app.

Back