Average cost of annual service

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newspaperboy

Well it's that time of year... Starting to think about the first annual service. Wondering for those of you who have already had this service if there is an average price from Mitsubishi dealers?

jaapv said:
Isn't there a fixed price?

I assumed so. We paid the £500 up front when we purchased the car - theoretically covers the first three services.

Official Mitsu prices...

11174573_1061368650558443_9212583343397944316_o.jpg

Here in AUS, we have service at 15000km intervals. I guess conditions here are just that much harder than in the EU. PS we pay a lot more for the services as well.

I was quoted A$720 for the 30000km service. Apparently there are some expensive bits that need to be replaced.

Anyone have an updated 2016 figure for annual / first service. Is the £500 3 year service deal considered good value. With my current Car I get 5 years servicing for £500 which includes all consumables.

My car is on a corporate lease deal so I don'tknowhow much my first service cost, but I would consider £500 for the first three to be good value.

My bug bear is the short service interval of 12500 miles, which is laughable these days. Most cars are on 20,000 miles, or annually, whichever occurs first, and this would be so much better. My car is 5 months old and by this time tomorrow will be nudging 15000 miles, but apparently Mitsubishi dealers think 12500 intervals is good so that's it, 11 services over 4 years instead of a more sensible 6 - hay ho!

gwatpe said:
Here in AUS, we have service at 15000km intervals. I guess conditions here are just that much harder than in the EU. PS we pay a lot more for the services as well.

I was quoted A$720 for the 30000km service. Apparently there are some expensive bits that need to be replaced.

It is all laid out in the Service schedule.. the main difference to the 15k service seems to be the requirement to change the brake fluid....
As for the "much harder conditions", this is an old furphy they seem to play. There are few places that have more "benign" conditions for cars than Australia, think of no -20 temperatures, snow and ice, salt on roads, sustained high speed driving. Here, most cars spend their life in urban environments, a few hot days maybe, max legal speed 110 etc etc..

£347 for a 12,500 mile service at 19,000 miles driven. This includes £10 for a loan car for the day.

Goodshot said:
Anyone have an updated 2016 figure for annual / first service. Is the £500 3 year service deal considered good value. With my current Car I get 5 years servicing for £500 which includes all consumables.

I bought the £500 3 year service deal and I worked out that it would be worth it - after they quoted this to me when I looked at the car and before committing I phoned a couple of dealers and asked them for the price of the 1 or 2 year services. I was quoted £190 for the 1 year and £270 for the 2 year. We could have got much cheaper prices by not using the main dealer, but as it on a non-maintainence lease contract, it is a condition of the contract that it is serviced by an approved main dealer! I reckon that the year 3 service would take my outlay on servicing way beyond the £500 paid upfront!

BTW, it had the year 1 service yesterday and I also got a courtesy car from them for the day included in the service!

Back