Not receiving RDS traffic bulletins

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Regulo

Hi, All,

I'm sure I used to receive traffic reports (TP set on the radio), with a TP symbol in a black square on the sat nav map. But now I don't seem to get them, and there's no indication of the fact that TP is set on the map. I've checked, and TP is displayed on the Audio screen. So what's gone wrong? Or am I missing something simple? Your thoughts and things to try, please! When TP is set on the audio screen, by the way, the "TP end" button doesn't do anything. Should it? I can cancel TP by touching the "TP standby" button again.

No, Jaap, I've got loads round here, and on trips to Norfolk from Essex they used to break in regularly. Just can't fathom what's changed!

TP does not display in map screen, just the RDS icon.
In FM mode I have the 2 RDS settings set to on.
TP standby is just that, it will broadcast if a traffic message if available.
If a message is broadcast, TP end will be available and you can press it to cut short the traffic message but it won't stop other messages coming through.
Works fine for me in the north west. (UK)

OK, relax, stop looking, I've found the problem. It's me! On a previous trip I'd been having a conversation, and during a traffic broadcast had turned the volume down to zero! Forgot I'd done it, because when the traffic info finished, the radio resumed at normal volume. I'd put the fact that the DAB broadcasts were intermittently disappearing down to normal DAB troubles, but it was RDS broadcasts cutting in. Which, of course, I couldn't hear! All back to normal now.

By the way, on another forum, I have been awarded a "Forum Idiot" certificate. Can I have one from here? :p

Regulo said:
OK, relax, stop looking, I've found the problem. It's me! On a previous trip I'd been having a conversation, and during a traffic broadcast had turned the volume down to zero! Forgot I'd done it, because when the traffic info finished, the radio resumed at normal volume. I'd put the fact that the DAB broadcasts were intermittently disappearing down to normal DAB troubles, but it was RDS broadcasts cutting in. Which, of course, I couldn't hear! All back to normal now.

By the way, on another forum, I have been awarded a "Forum Idiot" certificate. Can I have one from here? :p

Yes it took me a long while to grasp the fact that if you turn down a 'traffic report' while it's being broadcast, the volume remains turned down the next time a traffic report comes on (soz didn't see your earlier post!). This is in contrast to all my previous cars where these broadcasts are designed to cut in at a 'high-ish' volume so they can't be missed! Another MMCS drawback!

It is a bit of a pain! On our old Toyota, you can cancel an RDS bulletin by touching a button on the radio - does anyone know any equivalent on the Outlander? I know that you can do it from the Audio screen, but that involves a couple of button presses and the lack of a "Back" button also means that you lose whatever screen was being displayed before the bulletin started.

To be fair, I should have realised earlier. DAB has been faultless for me, so when it started "disappearing" it should have rung a little bell in the old brainbox. And my previous two cars, both Volvos, had exactly the same "split" volume control for normal and traffic broadcasts.

Back