MMCS - Short & Long Term Charge History Not Displayed

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BygAuldByrd

I have the Charge Cost set in my PHEV MMCS but there is nothing showing on the Short Term History or the Long term History displays :( , even after three months of using the vehicle and fully charging it after each trip.

Has anyone else suffered this issue? If so, what is the fix?

I've been chasing the Gold Coast (Australia) dealer from whom I purchased my PHEV for the past 2 months but still no resolution, or even a suggestion of one :roll:

Thanks in anticipation.

Trevor

I have to admit that I stopped looking at the charging data after the first few weeks of ownership, but it was working pretty well up till then.

Hey Trevor,

There is a work around and it is mentioned elsewhere on the forum. The graph is set up for Japanese Yen. If you go on the approximation that $1=100 yen then you will see what is happening. Instead of setting you charge cost at $0.3/kWh, set it to $30/kWh. It will put your displayed cost out by a factor of 100 but it will then graph properly. It will say something like "Cost this charge $250", so just move the decimal forward a couple of places in your head and it all makes sense.

The work around should not be needed now, as MMC have supplied an update and my PHEV is now showing some meaningful numbers. Check with your dealer and request the latest update be installed.

gwatpe said:
The work around should not be needed now, as MMC have supplied an update and my PHEV is now showing some meaningful numbers. Check with your dealer and request the latest update be installed.

If only it were that easy. After talking to gwatpe, I took the car in for its first service today and requested a day prior to the service (and also when dropping the car off) that the MMCS be updated in line with what gwatpe had reported on these forums and to me directly. No such luck. The response I got back from the dealer on the invoice after I had paid my $360 was "No outstanding updates for this vehicle".

I'm personally not happy with this and think I will give their service manager a call. Buying a PHEV you kind of expect that you will be looked after with the latest of the latest regarding updates to an electric car. I'm getting fed up of listening to songs over bluetooth and not having the track information available on the MMCS. As well as all of the other bugs we know about.

Thanks to all for the replies.

My PHEV is still under Warranty so I'd expect something that doesn't work in accordance with the Owner's Manual should be fixed at no cost ;)

All I need now is a positive response from my dealer, and that's a long time coming - still waiting. Fortunately all my attempts to get action have been recorded. Unfortunately it looks like I'll have to waste a heap of my time (like half a day 'cause of the distance between home and the dealer) to go and thump a desk or two, figuratively speaking of course.

Trevor

Not sure of the version number, but the change I noticed was bread crumb trail now appears on the GPS maps. I can confirm that the scale on the charge screens is a maximum of $5 per day, and $100 per month on an AUS shipped PHEV with the latest update. The local energy cost of about $0.35 per kWh, will now give a reasonable graph for a typical charge.

My software version is AB and the map is 2014-A

This was updated by my local dealer in May, after the 15000km service in Brisbane mentioned it was available, but I had not scheduled it to be done.

Thanks for the information Gwatpe. I hit my dealer in Brisbane up with the version numbers you quoted and it looks like they have found it. They said it looks like a Maps update and so when I asked for an MMCS update they only looked for MMCS firmware updates and not Maps updates. Hopefully this will fix the issues as has happened with gwatpe. Have booked the car in for Monday morning to have the update performed. They said I can wait while it is being done and that it should only take 20min.

If anyone else is having issues with their dealer please PM me and I forward you my detailed email with MMCS screenshots explaining the situation.

MMCS/Maps were updated at the dealer yesterday in about 1 hour and no cost. Everything works well. Versions are now as gwatpe reports AB and 2014-A.

Charge cost history screens now work fine. No change to song track info not being pulled through though. I only have android phones. Maybe it work properly with an Iphone.

Hi Sawman,

Glad to see your issues with the MMCS electricity cost have been resolved.

Which Mitsubishi dealer in Brisbane resolved the issued for you?

Von Bibra, my dealer, are suggesting the work-around of putting the electricity cost in as whole cents rather than as dollars - a kludge at best.

Cheers

Trevor

The upgraded MMCS is the best solution.

Originally, The auto scaling of the data, was from $180 per day full screen up to $240 per day left a unit cost between $15 and $22 for scaled full scale graphs. Trouble is the data is stored with the multiplier actioned, and not as raw kWh, that is then actioned by the multiplier for display. All my historical data is now OFF scale. Must be a way to manually delete certain day and month data with a MUT3, but in the mean time I will just wait for the time to lapse and it will eventually leave by the LHS of the graphs.

Out of interest, what is the new default scale $ per day and per month?

http://brisbanecitymitsubishi.com.au/ is where I bought mine from and get it serviced. They performed the update to the MMCS last week. I asked them to do this at the first service which was the week before, however they didn't have any idea. I had to walk them through it as per gwatpe's posts on this forum.

I will check the graph scales for you however we should have the same because our version info seems to match. I'm sure for the short term it is now $0 - $1.50 - $3. (Which seems low) I'll double check though. Although I do remember at the time that I thought it was pretty low. However the max a charge costs me is around $2.50 so it should be fine.

I was reluctant to just clear the graph history, so mine is still as per pre update. I have had such a wide range of power costs that I am in 2 minds what to set the default to. Local cost is about $0.35 per kWh. If I get approval for OFFpeak, this will be about $0.17 per kWh, and ChargePoint is either free, or about $1.10 per kWh. If I continue to recharge from surplus solar, then it is $0.00.

Hi Guys,

I've also had the conundrum as to what Electricity cost to use as I too have PV Solar on my roof. Should I use:
  • * Origin Energy's average kWhr cost, about $0.40.
    * My average actual electricity cost outlay over the past five years since installing my PV solar, about -$0.07, excluding any allowance for the original capital cost. Or
    * Allowing for PV Solar Capex depreciation over 20 years plus actual electricity cost, about $0.14

I finally settled on the $0.40 per kWhr, reasoning that that was what many others would have to pay and it was a more comparable cost to that of petrol. Now I work out my total energy cost [petrol ($454)+ electricity ($116.11)] to run my PHEV and over the 8300km travelled to date that's averaging around $6.80 per 100 km.

I'd be interested to see you total energy costs.

Cheers

Trevor

Good point on the average kWh cost. I have only entered $0.3/kWh into the cars computer, however I realise now that this doesn't take into account the daily access charges that they love charging us. Hmm. I'll have to have a think about that one. However if I wasn't charging the car I would still be paying this cost. My solar also sure does help and I just set the timer to charge between 7:30am and 3pm. Though the solar did cost me a fair bit to install!

Will try to get some figures together in the future. I have been pretty lazy!

Hi Guys,

My PHEV MMCS received its Maps/Software update yesterday and now the Charge Cost Short and Long Term History is correctly displayed :D

One interesting comment made by the PHEV Service Manager when we where talking about the PHEV, in particular the MMCS software and maps, was that owners of my model PHEV (2014) are entitled to 2 free Maps/Software Updates during the first couple of years of ownership :eek: So keep an eye out for your next free software upgrade at your 2 year service ;)

Cheers

Trevor

Back