Australians down under

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gwatpe said:
Had my PHEV serviced at 15000km at Toowong Mitsubishi in Brisbane. They were very helpful. Sales were a bit slow however. The relatively high cost of electricity seems to be a major factor. Just need some Nuclear Power stations. I think 1 would do for all of AUS. :lol:

Or cover Uluru in solar panels :eek:

waitem said:
Hi all, if anyone would like an excuse to visit the Sunshine Coast this weekend, then please come along in your PHEV to the Sustainable House Day Event at 12 noon this Sunday (13th Sept). We are trying to get the largest collection of EV's together. There will be a number of Tesla's coming as well as BMW EV's. Currently I may be the only Outlander PHEV there - it would be great if a few more came along too (particularly if we can outnumber the Teslas :D
The address is 175 Lake Weyba Drive, Noosaville.
http://sustainablehouseday.com/house-profile-view/?house_id=11446
I hope to see some of you there!
Mark

Hi Waitem,

Ahh mate, if I would have known this earlier I would have come as I'm not far away. I only just saw your post now. I try to check the forums every couple of days. How did it all go?

sawman82 said:
I only just saw your post now. I try to check the forums every couple of days

Near the top right - "Subscribe topic", then new posts on this thread are emailed to you. Its just a pity the text of the post is not in the email like the AEVA forum.

And Regards from Sydney!

I'm likewise the new owner of a 10 month old ex Mitsubishi lease PHEV Aspire.

Kris

10 months old, ex lease!

Well done you, that's the way to buy one. :)

Took me ages to find a sticker that said when mine was built.

Turns out it was at the front of the car, next to the door hinges on the passenger side.

(i.e. hidden when the door is closed).

Mine says built: Feb 2014.

Happy electric-motoring!

Andy

Thinking of buying one when my current lease runs out.

Just a question on travelling. At rest stops with bbqs has anyone ever used a power point there to top up charge? Are there many that have an accessible point? Obviously it would be slow, but would a little bit here and there help?

Is it possible: No idea, as I have never been on one. Way out of EV range :mrgreen:
Will it help if it was possible: Yes, as all little bits help.
Should you base your decision to buy one one it: Absolutely not! (You didn't say you would, I know ;) )

sawman82 said:
waitem said:
Hi all, if anyone would like an excuse to visit the Sunshine Coast this weekend, then please come along in your PHEV to the Sustainable House Day Event at 12 noon this Sunday (13th Sept). We are trying to get the largest collection of EV's together. There will be a number of Tesla's coming as well as BMW EV's. Currently I may be the only Outlander PHEV there - it would be great if a few more came along too (particularly if we can outnumber the Teslas :D
The address is 175 Lake Weyba Drive, Noosaville.
http://sustainablehouseday.com/house-profile-view/?house_id=11446
I hope to see some of you there!
Mark

Hi Waitem,

Ahh mate, if I would have known this earlier I would have come as I'm not far away. I only just saw your post now. I try to check the forums every couple of days. How did it all go?

Hi Sawman82
Apologies for the late notice: I had tried to get Gary Cricks (Mitsubishi dealear in Maroochdoore) to contact other local owners, but they didn't do anything - and in the end I had to contact Mitubishi Australia to get some promotional material sorted, so posting to this forum was a last bid to try and get some other Outlander PHEV's to come along. It was a great day. Over 500 people came along!
There was a Nissan Leaf, seven (!) Tesla Model S's, BMW i3 as well as my Outlander. See photo: https://goo.gl/photos/DHSUGqFo8MW4d8obA
A lot of people were very interested. Even had one of the local councillors measuring the inside of my Outlander to see if his surfboards would fit in!
Next time there is an EV meetup on the Sunshine Coast, I will try to give more notice!

Hi,

Thanks for providing this place for me to learn about my car.

Just bought my 2014 Phev yesterday - second owner 11k on clock.

Learning about it still, but surprised by the sponginess of the brakes especially at rest - eg putting foot on brake to put in Drive.

I hear a compressor motor or something when i depress brake pedal for a while at rest. Once or twice it has failed to put car into Drive even though i had brake pedal depressed - it just gave high pitched beep each time i tried.

Shall i start a new topic for this question - or just keep my ignorance a local story, lol?

Hi to all,

First post though I've been lurking these forums for around six months contemplating a PHEV purchase. I currently own the older Outlander VRX from 2010 and have followed the update for the current model year. Was interested in the petrol or diesel versions but then heard of the PHEV update in Japan. I must admit it is frustrating waiting MMA to give any info on release dates for Australia. Given the slow sales of the current model they seem reluctant to allocate stock ahead of better selling geos. If the buying public who are in the market for a PHEV SUV are like me then the current model is too anaemic. My lease was up and I needed a new vehicle but I find the current PHEV and the previous petrol model plain and boring. The new model design has me interested. Very actually. But I not going to wait forever. I so hope we see the revitalized model before years end. If not, I may be moving to another marque or going with the diesel version though I don't want a seven seater. Thanks to all here for some great information. I'll keep my ear to the ground. Cheers...

Zarbs

Jaythree said:
Once or twice it has failed to put car into Drive even though i had brake pedal depressed - it just gave high pitched beep each time i tried.

Hi there,

I think I managed to stumble over this one, a couple of days after I first picked up the car.

I think that I had put the car into "accessory" mode (Press Start without putting your foot on the brake pedal) .

The solution was to turn the vehicle off and start again (from memory)

Andy

Have now done 38000km in 9 months of my latest PHEV. So far have water in fog lights that will require removal of many under vehicle panels to get access to the lights to work out a fix. PHEV has a rattle at certain speeds in an area around the muffler. Maybe from a rock thrown up hitting a panel. Will have a visual inspection over the pits at the 45000km service to check some of the vulnerable exposed plumbing around the battery. Additional custom protection plates may be needed, for travels on our AUS roads. Will be looking at different tyre options as the factory fitted toyo's will not possibly see out the full year.

Fog lights are accessible and can even be replaced from the outside. That is, if you are talking about the standard fog lights and not fog lights that you may have added (but I think your extra lights are even more on the outside and not even fog lights, right?)

When you remove the "aluminum" rim, three screws are revealed.there is movies on the Internet on how to replace them. Will try to find it later.

Edit - Found it: http://youtu.be/TsXHUNTuDpI

Another thing I need to consider if I am to buy one.

How is everyone going for fuel consumption when not in EV mode on the highway?

I need to know how it goes on long trips

Can confirm that the driving on rough roads across the outback of AUS seems to have loosened the lamps in the fog light housings. The seals are a very soft compression fit. Removing the silver plastic shroud that is just clipped in made the job a lot easier. The dutch lady in the video in the snow, summed up the removal process quite well. No translation needed. Hardest part was making the plastic clip tool first. Will be looking into a DRL option.

Back