GX5h & GX5hs returns in January

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitssupplier

We have been informed that the GX5h and GX5hs returns in January

Heres the equipment over the GX4h

If you need anymore information when available drop me an email - [email protected]

· Premium leather interior - Nappa leather seats, padded doorcards, hand-brake and
cup holder lining. (Available in a choice of three colours: Claret Red, Porcelain Beige
or Gunmetal Grey – see below)
· Premium Alpine audio - upgraded speakers with a 420w, 6 channel amplifier with
digital sound processor, specifically engineered to fully optimise the 16MY Outlander
PHEV’s acoustics.
· Heated rear seats
· Chrome heated switch surround
· Enhanced rear spoiler
· Front and rear blue LED mood lighting (including puddle lamps)
· Twin rear USB charging ports
· Outlander bonnet badge
· LED interior lights
· LED exterior lighting - fog, high beam, number plate and charge point lamps

Mitssupplier said:
· LED interior lights
· LED exterior lighting - fog, high beam, number plate and charge point lamps
Why, oh why, didn't they do this from the start? Be interesting to see if the LED high beams are better than the 4h. Wonder if they'll be able to be retro-fitted? If they're any good, of course! ;)

I retro-fitted very expensive LED low / high beam lights (H4's) to my last car. I was underwhelmed by the performance. They were good, but I was more impressed overall with the Osram +110's I had previously fitted. LED on-road light patterns seem to be more defused and high beam seemed to "fall short" in beam length and beam compression compared to the Osrams. As a driver, I was going to remove them and put the Osrams back, but traded the car in for the Outlander before getting around to it.

LED interior lights can be very bright, again, in the last car the problem was it lit up the inside like an operating theatre, never really saw the benefit of such bright lights. When driving and a passenger put the domelight on, it was really distracting.

LED exterior lights for side lights - definitely a good idea, far brighter and more energy efficient.

LED charge point lamp. Really necessary?

LED number plate lights - makes it easier for your numberplates to be read by the roadside cameras :( Also driving away from the scene of a crime completely silently in the Outlander is a big bonus, only to be lit up like a Christmas tree . . . . . . :lol:

LED DRL - no mention for the GX5, but a good idea on any car - "visibility is good".

LED Fog - Probably a good idea, but they are used fairly infrequently and with HID on the GX4, not particularly beneficial. Also sooooo many people drive with fog lights on when they shouldn't, causing unnecessary glare so the less very bright ones on the road, the better :)

If one wants to swap out the incandesant lamps for LED versions, it's relatively cheap to do and I have already changed the sidelights and main beam and will be modding the daylight running lights as soon as the bits arrive.

OK, I can appreciate that LED lights are more energy efficient as this is an EV and every amp helps, but I would sacrifice a bit of power for lots of light on the road, especially in the country lanes around here.

My 2p / 2¢ worth . . . . . . . .

Jeff

LED lighting aside
I think this product will attract the higher grade company car driver who has a large budget or someone who likes the different coloured leather.
:D

jthspace said:
LED Fog - Probably a good idea, but they are used fairly infrequently and with HID on the GX4, not particularly beneficial. Also sooooo many people drive with fog lights on when they shouldn't, causing unnecessary glare so the less very bright ones on the road, the better :)

Fog lights shouldn't cause glare otherwise they will reflect back in the driver's eyes defeating their purpose in FOG. I think you are referring to supplementary driving lights favoured by would be rally drivers. We seem to have a lot of these in the wilds of Sarf Lundun - mainly BMW 3 series :lol:

I actually use the fog lights rather than headlights in back streets etc, to signal my approach (especially round blind bends) without dazzling oncoming cars. Helps avoid being front-ended by aforesaid "rally drivers" :p

Being a Norf Lunduner, (born in the City and a "real" Cockney) - all Sarf Lunduner's are foreign.

I would like to quote

Rule 226. You MUST use headlights when visibility is seriously reduced, generally when you cannot see for more than 100 metres (328 feet). You may also use front or rear fog lights but you MUST switch them off when visibility improves (see Rule 236).

Rule 236. You MUST NOT use front or rear fog lights unless visibility is seriously reduced (see Rule 226) as they dazzle other road users and can obscure your brake lights. You MUST switch them off when visibility improves.

DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS UK LAW

Daytime running lights (sometimes referred to as DRLs or daylight running lamps) are low-wattage bulbs that are fitted to a car to improve visibility during daylight hours. As of 7th February 2011 DRLs have become a mandatory fitting to all new type approved passenger vehicles (except trailers).

DRLs must switch on with the vehicle ignition and switch off when the vehicle sidelights are switched on. They can also be made to function as front position (side) lights, which operate at a reduced intensity when the vehicle sidelights are switched on.

The performance requirements for Daytime running lights are defined in UN ECE Regulation 87: Daytime running lights. http://www.unece.org/trans/main/wp29/wp29regs81-100.html

The operating requirements for Daytime running lights are defined in UN ECE Regulation 48: Installation of lighting and light-signalling devices.http://www.unece.org/trans/main/wp29/wp29regs41-60.html

Boring, init?

Jeff

First post here, I was just browsing around having been interested in the PHEV for a few years now (well OK since it was announced) but the single black interior choice stopped me buying, the news that there will be a light leather interior is very good news, I wonder if it will filter down to the other models? As the spec of the 5 has options I have no interest in at all, the 4 would do fine if only it came with the lighter interior.

Interesting..........

Boxbrownie said:
First post here, I was just browsing around having been interested in the PHEV for a few years now (well OK since it was announced) but the single black interior choice stopped me buying, the news that there will be a light leather interior is very good news, I wonder if it will filter down to the other models? As the spec of the 5 has options I have no interest in at all, the 4 would do fine if only it came with the lighter interior.

Interesting..........

I doubt it. The GX5h will probably be upgraded from a GX4h at the docks.

Mitssupplier said:
Boxbrownie said:

Interesting..........

I doubt it. The GX5h will probably be upgraded from a GX4h at the docks.

Hi, Which bit do you doubt?

If the GX5 will have a light interior? Or if the light interior might be available in other versions soon?

And if the GX5 is a disty upgrade how will they change the interior colour? Surely it must be a factory option.

Nope - it's all done at the docks. In this case I think Portishead.
To be precise, it isn't a change of "interior colour", it's a change of leather. They have skilled people who can easily retrim the upholstery.
Nothing fundamental has changed such as powertrain or suspension or facia.
Certainly for the last model, all the changes were post factory.
The japanese business model for car production does not generally go for "factory build" with the punter choosing from a wide range of options as with say BMW. Historically this was due to the distance involved and they tended to put more kit as standard and make a virtue out of it. The BMW approach is to have the factory build with options priced at higher margins to improve the overall margin on the car.
The last GX5 did come across as a slightly belated attempt to push the car upmarket - even down to the LR decals on the bonnet. I think they realise too that, given how successful it has been, they could have charged a bit more for it. Personal view but the additional kit is not worth the premium.

So it is just seat trim colour and no hard trim colour change? Bummer..........that makes a big difference to my purchasing choice for sure :(

To be fair, I think that the door cards are a bit more luxurious + handbrake cover. Basically anything easily removable/swappable.
However the main facia pieces / instruments etc will be the same. Indeed all the expensive pieces are the same as the previous model.

I have the gx5 and feel it was worth the extra the seats are. It just a different colour the padding and finish is a lot more luxurious I felt the gx4 seats were very flat the sound system is much better also

Great to hear about the Napa seats on the GX5h

Estuaryview

Can you please post some photos of the changes please and especially the seats as we really do not want black interior and the drinks holder?.

Is the Alpine system still with a cd player and can you put an sd card into it ?

Where is this car available from as my local dealer have not told me of this model -

Many thanks in advance,

Regards,

Alan

Mitssupplier

Any photos of the Gx5h please - seats and spoiler if possible please.

Thank you very much for the update as we are just in the throws of ordering a gh4hs so will wait if the 5 is available.

Is it cream/beige seat colour rather than black ???

Many thanks

Alan

Very interested to see this as well, the black interior has stopped us buying the PHEV until now.

And you say the seats are not just a new covering but a different seat which makes them more comfy, is that correct?

Boxbrownie said:
Very interested to see this as well, the black interior has stopped us buying the PHEV until now.

And you say the seats are not just a new covering but a different seat which makes them more comfy, is that correct?

Should see one end of Jan early Feb so will post some pics - but yes seats will be better :)

Back