GX3H display

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kkell69

Hi, I am one step away from choosing a GX3 would ideally like the GX4 but as I am getting the car as a company car then I should not complain. I just wondered how much info the screen gives regarding what the battery's are doing, charging and MPG calculations etc. The test drive was in a GX4 and of course the screen shows everything. The sales guys did not have clue what info the GX3 will show as they only had the GX4 to drive. Also does the stereo stream Bluetooth music or is this only on the GX4.

I have the entry level model, called an XLS in New Zealand. The screen is standard Mitsubishi so doesn't have any PHEV performance information. The driver display does indicate what is driving the vehicle and performance though; it is sufficient but not as flash as the high end model.
Bluetooth is supported, I use it to connect hands-free for my phone. I have an iPod connected via USB for music.

I have a GX3h.
The radio will stream music via bluetooth, or play from the usb connection (no sd card slot like the gx4h).

The display on the radio is black and white (matches the heater display) and is only for the audio and phone info.

The colour display between the speedo and the power meter (rev counter) displays the car data. Via a switch it can be cycled between mpg, trip distance, ranges on battery and petrol and a display showing arrows between the wheels, battery and engine to indicate how the energy is flowing. From my test drive of a GX4h I think this central display may be the same in all the UK models.

zt8xg8.jpg

Hope this works, sorry its in Dutch but gives you an idea of the display. I also have a Gx3h on order, my current Captiva has full on display but TBH after the first week of playing with it I have hardly used it again and the Sat nav is rubbish compared to TOMTOM on the Iphone. I would have liked a reversing camera but can always fit an aftermarket one.

Thanks for all the replies and info. I have made my mind up to go for the GX3h I don't think the extra features of the GX4h are beneficial to me, yes a camera and fancy app for my phone would be good but not essential. Silly question can I heat the car interior as the manual I have says there is no heater on the GX3h! I am in the north of England so will be needing some heat lol.

Kkell69 said:
Thanks for all the replies and info. I have made my mind up to go for the GX3h I don't think the extra features of the GX4h are beneficial to me, yes a camera and fancy app for my phone would be good but not essential. Silly question can I heat the car interior as the manual I have says there is no heater on the GX3h! I am in the north of England so will be needing some heat lol.

You have a standard car heater driven by the cooling water in the petrol engine but, clearly, that will not work if you are running in pure electric mode. If you are doing a short journey in the winter and engage the battery save function, you should get the same level of heating that you would out of any conventional car - but at the expense of incurring the same fuel consumption as any conventional car.

Thanks Maby. My miles a week consist of going to my factory unit and back 10 mile round trip about 3 times a week. The rest of the week I work from home with the odd trip to the local shops, family and friends. All local again no more than 10 miles round trips. So I should be on EV mode 99% of the time, guess I will just have to freeze in the winter as I wont be too keen to use the engine just to warm the interior for short runs. I could buy one of those plug in heaters instead.

Kkell69 said:
Thanks Maby. My miles a week consist of going to my factory unit and back 10 mile round trip about 3 times a week. The rest of the week I work from home with the odd trip to the local shops, family and friends. All local again no more than 10 miles round trips. So I should be on EV mode 99% of the time, guess I will just have to freeze in the winter as I wont be too keen to use the engine just to warm the interior for short runs. I could buy one of those plug in heaters instead.

At that level of usage you should get away with about a gallon of petrol per week - I'm afraid that I would not travel cold to save around £4 per week! If I went out in the morning to find ice on the car, I would burn a drop of petrol. Apart from anything else, it's going to be a struggle to keep the windscreen ice free!

Yeah I am a bit gutted that I will have to use the engine in the winter just to melt the ice or keep warm. The whole point of buying this car for me was to be on EV as much as possible. I still think I will go for it and if I have to switch to ICE to warm up then I guess there is no other option.

Thanks
Mark

Kkell69 said:
Yeah I am a bit gutted that I will have to use the engine in the winter just to melt the ice or keep warm. The whole point of buying this car for me was to be on EV as much as possible. I still think I will go for it and if I have to switch to ICE to warm up then I guess there is no other option.

Thanks
Mark

The point of buying the car should be that you like it and that you want a large 4WD that is not ridiculously expensive to operate. Running EV certainly brings the fuel consumption down, but you'll never justify the car on savings in running costs - you can buy a perfectly functional conventional car for £10k and the Outlander is never going to save you the other £20k in reduced fuel consumption over its working life.

I see you point but when I am getting the Outlander paid for by the company and can claim 22p per mile and still only have to use the car in EV mode then I save a heck of a lot.

Back