Failed software update

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trilly

I wanted to update an aspect of the car prior to travelling on a long trip and remote software app stated vehicle update available. So went through the steps to update the software and at 99% it sat there for a while then stated it had failed. Well these things happen except that no there is no WiFi to do anything at all!

Noted on other forums others have encountered this as well, no solution yet posted, so be wary if you are undertaking this, some have reported it working.

I will always leave the update to my dealer when the car is in for service.
It is hooked up to the computer anyway then.

I managed to update the software but it wasn't very intuitive. Half way through the update the wifi disconnected from the car and the progress stopped in the app. It took about 5 minutes until the wifi network came back and i had to connect to it manually (since the phone had connected to my home wifi instead). After connecting to the cars wifi again I returned to the app and the installation progress finished.

It worked fine for me. Just to make sure it goes thru I sat in the PHEV while doing the update thru the phone to make sure WIFI range does not cause any issue.

Back