phone cutting in and out

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Codriver

Hi
I picked up my Phev at the weekend and I have noticed that the phone cuts in and out in as much as it comes through the speaker and reverts back to the phone so that I can't hear it, several times during a call!!! the dealer says I should switch off the wifi on the phone (iphone6) while I am in the car, seems rather odd! anyone one else had the same problem and is there a fix???

Thanks, I figured I probably wasn't alone!!! I guess there'll be a software update at some point!

I have had this also :twisted:
It has been ever since I updated the app on my iPad which I generally have with me

Will try switching the iPad off today.

Also noticed that the phone signal strength was not showing on the screen in the car......

Indeed. It is not the fact that the phone is connected via WiFi, but the fact that something is connected to the REMOTE network. I have a WiFi OBDII dongle that creates its own WiFi network. With the phone connected to this network, I have no issues.

Today I turned my iPad off. The phone signal displayed like it used to. The phone is connected to the car by Bluetooth not wifi. After a while the Bluetooth started cutting out and the car radio cutting in . People on the phone to me said it sounded like a traffic announcement as they could hear the radio cutting in ..... Not ideal as a mobile office . Still I guess all this is fixed in the new phev .......

Yesterday posted a message in the iphone topic, thought I'd better continue here as my phone is an Android (HTC One M8, Android release 5.0.1).

I have the PHEV for a week now and have been experiencing the same issue with the connection cutting in and out (Bluetooth). At first I tried disabling the audio device functionality on my phone for the Bluetooth connection. This seemed to help for a bit, but the problem re-emerged. Yesterday, after reading this forum, I tried shutting off WIFI on my phone and that seems to have eliminated the issue of the connection getting interrupted every two minutes or so. By chance I did not actually use the phone for a call, but I will try that today (my mother complains I am not calling enough anyway haha).

Does anyone know if a car that was delivered from the dealer to me on January 6th 2016 may need a software update already? And could that update have a (positive) impact on the connectivity?

bouncer180 said:
Yesterday posted a message in the iphone topic, thought I'd better continue here as my phone is an Android (HTC One M8, Android release 5.0.1).

I have the PHEV for a week now and have been experiencing the same issue with the connection cutting in and out (Bluetooth). At first I tried disabling the audio device functionality on my phone for the Bluetooth connection. This seemed to help for a bit, but the problem re-emerged. Yesterday, after reading this forum, I tried shutting off WIFI on my phone and that seems to have eliminated the issue of the connection getting interrupted every two minutes or so. By chance I did not actually use the phone for a call, but I will try that today (my mother complains I am not calling enough anyway haha).

Does anyone know if a car that was delivered from the dealer to me on January 6th 2016 may need a software update already? And could that update have a (positive) impact on the connectivity?

No update, may be a hardware issue. Been an issue for years.

Just remember to turn WiFi off in the Bluetooth device to be connected. It'll work fine.

StevieB said:
Just remember to turn WiFi off in the Bluetooth device to be connected. It'll work fine.
In fact, the solution is to make sure that nothing is connected to the car's REMOTE network. In many cases this is the same, but sometimes it is different. Examples:

- If you have a WiFi OBDII adapter, it is fine to have the phone connected to that adapter via WiFi.
- If your kids in the backseat are playing with a tablet that is connected to the REMOTE network, you may have problems making phone calls, even when WiFi on the phone is disabled.

I have had my 2016 model for a month or so.The bluetooth phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 4) worked fine the first few times now just crackles all the time like there is very bad interference it is total rubbish virtually unuseable

I collected my new gx4h on 26 Jan 2016. I discovered the problem of my iPhone 6s cutting in and out. I was told to turn off the wifi which did indeed fix the problem. However that evening when registering the 'remote control' app I was prompted to update the car's software in the app. This took a few minutes. Since the update I have had the wifi on and had no further problems with the phone. Is it safe to say this has now been fixed?

Back