Nudge Bar

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HHL

This has been asked a while ago. Has anyone fitted a Nudge Bar?
There is one shown on the Australian product brochure in the accessories section, but Mitsi dealer told me not available.
Wonder why the version for the ICE vehicles (ZJ models) can't be made to fit.

In the UK, they are still legal but only "E" marked bars can be fitted and the official statement is:-

"It is not illegal for vehicles to be fitted with bull bars, but the Department for Transport doesn’t recommend it unless it has been shown that they don’t pose an additional risk of injury to other road users".

This opens a can of worms if someone is injured and the legal bun-fight starts . . .

There are a couple of sites in the Netherlands, one is http://www.trendyauto.nl/bullbar-pu...shbar-mitsubishi-outlander-phev-art-16138.htm

I couldn't find anything in the U.K. with a quick search.

Jeff

jthspace said:
In the UK, they are still legal but only "E" marked bars can be fitted and the official statement is:-

"It is not illegal for vehicles to be fitted with bull bars, but the Department for Transport doesn’t recommend it unless it has been shown that they don’t pose an additional risk of injury to other road users".

This opens a can of worms if someone is injured and the legal bun-fight starts . . .

There are a couple of sites in the Netherlands, one is http://www.trendyauto.nl/bullbar-pu...shbar-mitsubishi-outlander-phev-art-16138.htm

I couldn't find anything in the U.K. with a quick search.

Jeff

That definitely looks very aftermarket, it appears to bolt on to the underframe and actually reduces ground clearance a bit. Not like the Mitsi one shown in the brochure that integrates nicely. I understand there is a problem with the Adaptive Cruise and the "Anti bump into the guy in front" system, but that would not apply to the models without that... anyway, I will keep digging and will post if I find something good.

Back