charging cover / flap permanently locked

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gallen9

Subject says it all - went to charge overnight as per usual to find the charging cover wouldn't open. Have tried this before when car locked so am used to it. However this time the car was unlocked.

We have a MY16 GX4h UK car.

Will update on dealer progress - anyone else seen this before?

G

Mine doesn't have a lock. You just push it in towards its back edge and it springs open. Is locking a new (and unnecessary) feature?

The 2016 facelift has a lock, it can't be opened unless the doors are unlocked.

I'm in the habit now of opening it before locking the car so I can then plug in...

The pre-facelift as you say didn't have a lock.

I think the lock is a good idea, but really they should have spent the time making the charging flap smaller and relocating the flap to either the front or the rear of the car.

There's a bit of removable plastic trim on the inside that grants access to the back of the charging socket panel - have a look and see if there is any latch that has got stuck

Thanks for tip re the trim. There are a couple of wrench / wheel nut things there, so good to know that.

No luck with access to the charging panel. I can see the motor that locks (and unlocks) the flap and it is working - when I press unlock, the motor vibrates. It's white plastic and there is a very small white plastic square (no more than a couple of mm on each side) that seems to have come loose.

It is one for the garage, rather than for me...

Back