Dealership Map Update

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crustovich

Recently had the 2 year 20k service completed.

I have already used one of my 2 free map updates, and prior to the service, asked for the maps to be updated if there was a new one available.

When I got the car back, the work sheet showed a map upgrade had been carried out.
When I looked at the map version it showed 2015A (i'm in Aus) which was the same as it was before I took it in for a service.

When I queried this I was told the 2 free updates are done at the first 2 services (whether it needs an update or not), and cannot be deferred at customer request, this seems ludicrous.
Can anyone confirm this is true, or do I need to go "higher up the food chain"?

Hi. Did you get an answer to this? I just brought a 2016 PHEV VRX in NZ and my map data says 2014b. I asked the dealer and he said it is the latest. Have I been lied to already.

I have a new (two months old) model here in Spain and the map version says 2015A. When I took it for a long run a couple of weeks ago, I noticed that it hadn't been updated to take account a few new stretches of motorway (which were completed in 2014).

Does anyone have any idea if we can expect to see a 2016 version? Looking on the supplier's web site, there doesn't appear to be a new version available.

Just look at the Navteq site for the latest versions. 2015 is the newest for Europe and Australia is not even mentioned yet. All map providers seem to miss out on changes in the road system. Tomtom outperforms most, in my experience.

vs2 said:
Hi. Did you get an answer to this? I just brought a 2016 PHEV VRX in NZ and my map data says 2014b. I asked the dealer and he said it is the latest. Have I been lied to already.
I have not got a response back from Mitsubishi (nor am I holding my breath) My AUS map is version 2015A so I would imagine you are being lied to.

I got a BS apology from them. Said it would take two weeks to get an authorization code(?) from the UK to update to 2015b and it takes 40 minutes in there workshop to do. I get two free updates over the 5 year warranty period. They did not offer me a free update now and then two more which pisses me off as I have a 2016 car with 2014 maps, so I'll just wait for the 2016 maps. Not a great start!

I had some dramas with the updates as well here in Brisbane. The dealership in Brissie where I bought the car told me, the updates are not free and not covered under warranty, although the software version 'T', which was on the car when I bought it, had bugs (restarted the MMCS while driving and did not show the charging costs and graphs correctly).
I got it services in Toowoomba then and hoped for better service. They have done only the Bluetooth update to 19.00.000 and said everything else is up to date (had still the Map-version 2013-1 on it :lol: ).
Third attempt was a small dealership in Gatton which have Ford and Mitsubishi. The service manager showed me straight away the new map version 2015. I booked the car in today and picked it up again 1.5h later with all the updates done:

Software now shows AK now (and all charging costs are correctly shown), the map version is 2015-1 (or maybe -2, cannot remember)

The dealer also told me that all updates are always free and they normally will be done with a service unless it's a critical update and problem occur with the installed on.

So, 1.5h, no costs, all updates done... they have a new happy customer now ;)

Cheers from the Lockyer Valley

Some dealers are still struggllng with the fact that gearshift levers moved to the inside of the car.... :roll:

Well after all this time I finally got the update done. Aus/NZ are combined in the same update. Not much difference as I went from map data 2014-b to 2015-a which is the latest?. Took 30 minutes. They leave your Nav SD card in the slot and use a dealership update SD card which goes into the audio SD card slot, then enter the authorization code, press update and wait.

Consensus at the dealership is they cannot wait for the Android systems to come in on all models because of the issues with MMCS.

Back