How to INCREASE the brightness of my DRL on OITLANDER PHEV?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NS633

Hi!,
I have a Mitsubishi outlander phev 2016 Styled package.
I would like to increase the brightness of my DRL.
Is it possible? And I want it to be bright as the outlander diesel 2016 model.
And I got down my vehicle privately,not through the agent!
Thanks in advance :D

jaapv said:
Just fit LED DRLs.

I do not like to fit any accessory to my vehicle,because my vehicle is a one of a kind in my country.
Any other help?
I'm sure that there is some option to increase the brightness of my DRL.
Because I can adjust so many settings on the outlander via the android app.
Please let me know if there's any option to increase the brightness.
Thanks

It is not really an accessory. LED DRLs are standard on the higher specified models. You can never attain LED brightness with standard bulbs. It would probably melt the plastic of the reflector if you would fit the required wattage.
The brightness of the lights is not a vehicle setting but a matter of the power of the lights..

jaapv said:
It is not really an accessory. LED DRLs are standard on the higher specified models. You can never attain LED brightness with standard bulbs. It would probably melt the plastic of the reflector if you would fit the required wattage.
The brightness of the lights is not a vehicle setting but a matter of the power of the lights..
But the thing is,I've seen other outlander phev's on YouTube and Facebook with much brighter DRL'S!
Hope you've seen the 2016 Outlander non-hybrid.both the outlander non-hybrids and PHEV's are equipped with the same LED lights!,but the only difference is the DRL!
What could be the reason?

And here is a picture of the outlander PHEV 2016 with its DRL ON

http://images.cdn.autocar.co.uk/sites/autocar.co.uk/files/styles/gallery_slide/public/images/car-reviews/first-drives/legacy/phev-facelift-2015-006.jpg?itok=bIABz5q8

and here's the picture of the petrol Non-Hybrid Outlander 2016 with it's DRL'S ON!

http://s3.caradvice.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/2016-Mitsubishi-Outlander_02.jpg

Hope you'll see the difference :D

In which way do you vary the brightness then? I cannot verify as the PHEV is standing idle this week because of the weather ;) Triumph TR4 time it is :) :)

Under UK law, DRL's must turn off when side or headlights are on, or dim to 50% brightness.

On my car, the DRL's are off if side lights or headlights are on.

Jeff

SolarBoy said:
Is the headlight stalk selector on "Auto"?

If moved to a different position my DRL's vary in brightness.
Nop no DRL on AUTO lights mode,Only on parking light mode
Any other questions?

jthspace said:
Under UK law, DRL's must turn off when side or headlights are on, or dim to 50% brightness.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I'm not sure what I managed to press, but managed to dim DRL's by 50% and no other lights showing ...

Mrs has taken a liking to the car and grabbed it due to the artic aircon so can't check right now.

jthspace said:

Jeff
Same here - it is one of these dratted EU regulations that must be incorporated in local law... :D :twisted:
But Auto does exactly the same as manual on my car, switch off when the regular lights come on.

jaapv said:
jthspace said:

Jeff
Same here - it is one of these dratted EU regulations that must be incorporated in local law... :D :twisted:
But Auto does exactly the same as manual on my car, switch off when the regular lights come on.

How do you guys turn on your DRL'S ON by setting the lights to AUTO mode?
I DON'T FIND MY DRL'S "ON" on AUTO(LIGHTS) mode!
Why is this?I don't find my DRL'S ON unless I turn on the parking lights mode.
Please help! :(

SolarBoy said:
jthspace said:

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I'm not sure what I managed to press, but managed to dim DRL's by 50% and no other lights showing ...

Mrs has taken a liking to the car and grabbed it due to the artic aircon so can't check right now.

Here are some Pictures of my OUTLANDER G PREMIUM STYLE PACKAGE 2016

http://s32.photobucket.com/user/nirajsilvz/library/Mobile%20Uploads

A Google search of the dealer name on your number plate comes up with Sri Lanka, which means your local regulations may be completely different to those in force here in Europe.

In the UK, when we have the lights switched completely off, and we start our cars, the DRL's illuminate to the full brightness level. Equally, if we leave the control on automatic, as long as the headlights are off, the DRL's will be on maximum.

However, as others have said, if we manually switch to side lights or headlights, or the head lights come on automatically, our DRL brightness will reduce by 50%, as the head lights are on.

This is not something we can adjust, it is mandated by law and Mitsubishi Motors of Japan will ensure that cars sold anywhere in the world comply with local regulations. This may be the explanation of your situation.

With regards to the web pictures you posted, I can find pictures of cars available in France (only 26 miles from England) that can not be purchased here and visa versa, which is why international brochures and websites always carry the disclaimer about 'not all specifications are available in all markets'

I hope this helps.

Steel188 said:
A Google search of the dealer name on your number plate comes up with Sri Lanka, which means your local regulations may be completely different to those in force here in Europe.

In the UK, when we have the lights switched completely off, and we start our cars, the DRL's illuminate to the full brightness level. Equally, if we leave the control on automatic, as long as the headlights are off, the DRL's will be on maximum.

However, as others have said, if we manually switch to side lights or headlights, or the head lights come on automatically, our DRL brightness will reduce by 50%, as the head lights are on.

This is not something we can adjust, it is mandated by law and Mitsubishi Motors of Japan will ensure that cars sold anywhere in the world comply with local regulations. This may be the explanation of your situation.

With regards to the web pictures you posted, I can find pictures of cars available in France (only 26 miles from England) that can not be purchased here and visa versa, which is why international brochures and websites always carry the disclaimer about 'not all specifications are available in all markets'

I hope this helps.

Yeah,I just imagined this situation just two three months ago.
That could be the reason.and I hope my local agent hasn't got down any OUTLANDER PHEV 2016 model's still.
I ordered my OUTLANDER in November 2015 and I got it in 2016 Jan.
Thanks for your help! :p

Back