Charging information (international)

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KiWhi has good coverage across the motorway networks, some car parks and the Auchan supermarkets. Easy to set up an account online and pre-load credit. My card arrived in about 4 days. Link: http://www.kiwhipass.fr/

I am with an English address but when I try to sign up it refuses my non French address.

Any ideas please as I want a card for France please.

Many thanks

Alan

Anymore suggestions for Germany or Italy as I am driving UK via France Holland then Germany, AUstria and Italy and then over to Greece (albeit by ferry).

I would like to get a charge card for all of these Countries.

Just applied for my.thenewmotion.com - NO PROBLEM !

Regards Alan

SUCCESS !

I sent a message to KiWhi that as I have an English address. I could not sign up as some of the fields would NOT accept my data !

They sent me a Facebook message to say:-

KiWhi Pass on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/KiWhi-Pass-320540208050836/

Dear Alan,
I invite you to consult our webpage to order your KiWhi Pass :
http://www.kiwhipass.fr/kiwhi-pass-for-our-foreign-users.html
Best regards,
Your KiWhi Pass team

On that address (jpg attached) they told me what to put into some of the field in order to register !!! - SEE BELOW

You want to access EV charging everywhere in France with your KiWhi Pass?
Follow these steps and order your card within 2 minutes!

Foreign users

Step 1 : Click here (sign up/register)

Step 2 : Fill in your personal informations as follow

- PRENOM / NOM - Your NAME / LAST NAME
- DATE DE NAISSANCE - Your birth date
- DEPARTEMENT DE NAISSANCE - Please enter exactly this information : 53
- ADRESSE - Your address
- COMPLEMENT - Your country
- CODE POSTAL - Please enter exactly this information : 99999
- TELEPHONE & E-MAIL - Your phone number and your e-mail address (It would NOT take my full telephone number)
- MOT DE PASSE - Enter your password
And validate all your registered information

Step 3 : Receive your card at your personal address!
We invite you to send us on [email protected] your personal address and your country of residence, in order to deliver you the KiWhi card ordered at home.

This temporary solution will not affect the quality of our services. If you decide to subscribe to KiWhi, your card will be delivered to your personal address.
If you have any issue, contact us at [email protected] and we will get back to you to help you order your KiWhi Pass.

I managed to register, pay for the card and got a receipt and user number so now waiting for the card !!!

Feeling pleased !

Hope it helps others.

Regards,

Alan

Hi, I'm interested to hear about the Khiwhipass, a bit too late for me I think as I'm going to France next weekend. Do you need adapters to plug in? I think I read somewhere that they use different connectors in France, is that correct?

Domestic plugs are Schuko with extra pin (Type E) , you will need a universal Schuko adapter to three-pin. Public charging stations will possibly need a Type 3C/Type2 cable. However, since 2014 there are more and more Type2 charging stations, I do not know how far the changeover has proceeded.

Sorry Albacore, I have no idea if they have the same charging cable as the UK - but will find out in a few weeks, very keen to find out about Holland please JAAPV.

The standard charging cable that I have - Type 1, 16 amp

Type1_Type2BLACKspiral16amp-700x462.jpg

Surely this is on the charging station in most countries is it not ? I have never visited so not sure what you have in Holland.

For charging to the domestic house supply, presumably is this 2 pin plus earth as you mentioned - photo for illustration.

Steckdose.jpg

Is that correct JAAPV please ?

Regads,

Alan

I guess I will need NOT the normal UK 3 pin 13 amp plug to the 2 pin Schuko convertor so for domestic needs not charge point (me thinks) I will need to buy one.

DSIEC2e-EVSE-Euro-portable-charger-62196-2-schuko-2pin-plug-700x462.JPG

So now looking for the correct convertor as I do not have this Schuko Euro Plug on my UK charging lead.

Might try this.

s-l1600.jpg

Regards

Alan

alanjohnnorman said:
Sorry Albacore, I have no idea if they have the same charging cable as the UK - but will find out in a few weeks, very keen to find out about Holland please JAAPV.

The standard charging cable that I have - Type 1, 16 amp

Type1_Type2BLACKspiral16amp-700x462.jpg

Surely this is on the charging station in most countries is it not ? I have never visited so not sure what you have in Holland.

For charging to the domestic house supply, presumably is this 2 pin plus earth as you mentioned - photo for illustration.

Steckdose.jpg

Is that correct JAAPV please ?

Regads,

Alan
Yes, that appears to be correct. Don’t forget to order your The New Motion swipe card.

The sockets in France and Belgium have an earth pin instead ot the sprung earth swipes used in Germany, Austria etc., that is why the universal Schuko plug has a hole contact for the pin as well as the side contacts.

Hi I am brand new to this forum but have not managed to get any advise elsewhere!! I have a 2014 GX4 which I bought in the UK and have brought it to France where I will spend several months here. I have a French socket in the garage so used an ordinary adapter to plug in my UK charger. However over time I have noticed that although the dashboard says the batteries are fully charged, it only read about 20 miles and as soon as I drive out of the garage it drops down to 13 miles!
Is this the charger, the adapter or the batteries??
Any ideas anyone? I did think I might borrow a French charger and see if that makes a difference.

No it's the memory of the computer and it records how its driven and then adjusts the remaining display to allow for how its been driven.

I am sure its not the charger or adapter.

I adapted mine in Cyprus and no problem.

I if drive it hard in EV mode - it will drop like a stone.

Also the heater and air con knock it down.

How many miles has it done?

Did you buy it from new ?

Just asking as the batteries are guaranteed for 8 years in the EU

Regards Alan

GINA said:
Hi I am brand new to this forum but have not managed to get any advise elsewhere!! I have a 2014 GX4 which I bought in the UK and have brought it to France where I will spend several months here. I have a French socket in the garage so used an ordinary adapter to plug in my UK charger. However over time I have noticed that although the dashboard says the batteries are fully charged, it only read about 20 miles and as soon as I drive out of the garage it drops down to 13 miles!
Any ideas anyone? I did think I might borrow a French charger and see if that makes a difference.

Much more likely a combination of cold weather, unrealistic advertising and your driving style, I'm afraid.

The 32 mile headline figure is very much best case - warm weather, no heating or aircon, straight, flat roads, steady cruising speed and a very light right foot. Few here have achieved it with any regularity. The "guessometer" on the dashboard is notoriously unreliable and should be ignored - the only meaningful figure it the distance you actually achieve before the battery goes flat.

Ambient temperature has an enormous impact on EV range - people that get figures approaching 30 miles in the middle of the summer usually find that they are getting something more like 20 miles in the middle of the winter. This is down to a combination of reduced battery performance, increased viscosity of cold air and increased rolling resistance of cold tyres on cold road surfaces.

Driving style also has a major impact on EV range - the headline figure is based on a very restrained driving style which avoids hard acceleration and braking. Range is significantly reduced at high speeds - 30 miles at 30mph can easily become 20 miles at 60mph. The guessometer tries to learn your driving style and may come up with a reduced estimate if you were hacking along the motorway at high speed yesterday.

So, before you go suspecting a fault in the car or charger, run some tests. Get it fully charged, clear the trip counter down to zero and see how far you actually get before the battery goes flat. If you can manage 20 miles at this time of year driving reasonably gently at 30mph, then there is not much wrong with your car. If you have to scrape the frost off the car in the morning, don't be surprised if you only get 15 miles.

GINA said:
The plug does not make a whit of difference. It is 16A 240 Volts in France, so your 10 A charger is fully functional. The only difference to a French charger is that some robot at the factory fitted a different plug.

Have you moved from a flat area to a hilly area? that will affect the range considerably, especially if you drive uphill in a cheerful French style.

Ooooo let me guess...

(Bear in mind I've never been to France, but have been entertained by others who have...)

Is it:

1) Right hand holding down the horn;
2) Right foot jammed flat to the floor and never lifted;
3) Left foot jamming on the brakes at random intervals;
4) Head out of the window swearing and cursing; and,
5) Left hand (and arm) also out the window making obscene gestures?

:)

AndyInOz said:
Ooooo let me guess...

(Bear in mind I've never been to France, but have been entertained by others who have...)

Is it:

You must be a fan of old Louis de Funes movies. :lol:

jaapv said:
AndyInOz said:
Ooooo let me guess...

Is it:

You must be a fan of old Louis de Funes movies. :lol:

defunes.jpg

I will drive my PHEV in England for a couple of weeks, should I ask some questions about charging in this "international" topic ? :mrgreen:

Back