New Zealand charging

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was at the national feildays in Hamilton last week.
The people at the Mitsubishi site told me that they intend on introducing fast charging to NZ PHEV's next year. The cost of the vehicle will increase by about 5k unfortunately.

i initially asked the same questions, Why doesnt my Aus delivered PHEV have a CHAdeMO plug? answer was, there is not enough infrastructure in Oz to add it, oh well, now after owning it, and looking at charging locations, they are right, apart from the Tesla superchargers, there are very few public available fast DC chargers in OZ, only 2 in Sydney. Every public charger is either 10 or 15 amp wall socket, or are Tesla HPWC destination chargers, so it would make more sense to add a tesla Mennekes plug into the slot the CHAdeMO charger would normally go, and wire it to the back of the 1772 standard plug (as they appear to use the same protocols and all)

dont forget, the engine is a fast charger, giving 80% charge in 40 mins. so the battery packs can take it.

Unison are putting in fast charge stations with CHAdeMO and an incompatible CCS plug.
Anyone know what Z Energy are supporting?
Mitsubishi seem to have underestimated the speed at which a NZ fast charging network would be developed.

ultralights said:
i initially asked the same questions, Why doesnt my Aus delivered PHEV have a CHAdeMO plug? answer was, there is not enough infrastructure in Oz to add it, oh well, now after owning it, and looking at charging locations, they are right, apart from the Tesla superchargers, there are very few public available fast DC chargers in OZ, only 2 in Sydney. Every public charger is either 10 or 15 amp wall socket, or are Tesla HPWC destination chargers, so it would make more sense to add a tesla Mennekes plug into the slot the CHAdeMO charger would normally go, and wire it to the back of the 1772 standard plug (as they appear to use the same protocols and all)

dont forget, the engine is a fast charger, giving 80% charge in 40 mins. so the battery packs can take it.
A rather silly answer too. Mitsubishi expects their cars to last at least 10 years and 300.000 km. Do they own a crystal ball to predict the development of infrastructure? On sidenote: over here the CHAdeMO stations are just a few on the motorways - and far too expensive to use instead of petrol. Yet our cars come with a CHAdeMO plug.

I've been told the new MY17 model, released March this year will have fast charge CHAdeMO as standard going forward.

Back