Radio loss of sound

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeI

Hi, just got my GX5hs last week when the radio worked fine, switched it off & now ,although I can see all the stations, including the synopsis of what is on & the volume control goes up & down but no sound comes out the speakers. I have checked the amp fuse which has continuity & pushed in with contact. Dealer no idea what the fault is. Anyone help please. mikeI

FM, DAB and CD no sound? Note that volume needs to be above about 17 to get anything out too.

CJ

If it is only DAB that goes AWOL, the system has dead spots here and there. Move the car a bit and it returns..

Many thanks for CJ & the Dutchman but I have had the volume control showing 38 on the screen & nothing heard. On the second point , the LW,MW, FM & DAB had all been operating until I switched the radio off then switching the radio on again, lost all sound, on all bands. The map is operating ok but I do not have a voice over. It is just like a Mute switch is operating. I do not have a phone so have not used this side of the equipment.

MikeI

When the radio sound disappeared, the car was stationary with only the acc switched on. How the speaker plug can loosens especially when you expect to do 100,000 miles is beyond me!! So far I have done 1500 miles.

MikeI

My loss of sound on a radio on a brand new vehicle turned out to be a shorted wire to the drivers door speaker which apparently shut down all the speakers!!
MikeI GX5hs

Thanks for letting us know the cause. On so many forums, a request for help elicits many replies and possible cures, but the original poster never bothers to tell what the actual fault turned out to be!

Back